Principal Infrastructure Architect - Network
Principal Infrastructure Architect – Network
Join a business that embraces innovation, gives you the scope to seize every opportunity and will help get you where you want to go. Life at Advanced begins in an unprecedented environment with a role that matters, taking you on a fast-paced journey of discovery, however big that might be.
We’re one of the UK’s largest and fastest growing software companies. True partnership is the defining thing that makes us different from the competition. We pride ourselves on delivering focused software solutions for public sector, enterprise commercial and health & care organisations that simplify complex business challenges and deliver immediate value.
Team & Role Description
• Designing, Implementing, and troubleshooting Advanced’s data centre and customer networks
• Design authority for all aspects of Advanced’s data centre and customer networks
• Pre-sales solution design for networks and security
• Act as technical authority on all aspects of Advanced’s data centre and customer networks.
• Work closely with the lead network security architect on solution designs
• Provide network solutions and designs as part of pre-sales activity
• Production of high and low level designs
• Develop and enhance standards for Advanced’s Managed Services and Corporate networks
• Provide technical support and engineering services where required as ‘4th line support’ for Advanced’s Managed Services and customer networks
• Maintain and improve existing Advanced and client networks in accordance with Advanced’s design methodologies.
• Maintain a secure network environment in accordance to ISO27001 standards.
• Review and provide advice on existing network designs in order to generally enhance Advanced’s network management capabilities and services.
• Implementation of network management, diagnostic and compliance tools
• Develop and maintain a technology roadmap for networking
• Assess new and emerging network technologies and assess their relevance in relation to Advanced’s customers
• Maintain procedures and where applicable work to improve and document new procedures.
• Ensure that all Advanced & client networks appropriately designed.
• Assist in maintaining the 24/7 operation of the network infrastructure.
• Apply a proactive approach to infrastructure support.
• Communicate effectively with all personnel and ensure information is accurately disseminated.
• Develop and maintain good relationships
• Adhere to Advanced’s rules and regulations (written or implied), which may vary from time to time as deemed appropriate.
• To perform other duties as may occur from time-to-time as instructed and agreed by the Head of Networks
• To comply with the provisions of ISO27001 certification and the Company Security Policy in particular relating to system and data security.
• Able to work across the project life cycles (Requirement gathering, High/low level design, deployments & migrations and hand over support)
• There will also be the requirement for some evening and weekend work.
Knowledge and Experience
• Cisco Certified Internetworking Expert (CCIE) – Required, or equivalent proven experience
• Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP) – Required, or equivalent proven experience
• Cisco Certified Network Associate Wireless (CCNA-Wireless) – Beneficial
• Extensive experience in a Network Architect role within a Managed Service Provider environment
• Experience of designing multi-tenant data centre networking solutions, inclusive of switching, routing, and security designs.
• Comprehensive knowledge of network troubleshooting including the ability to analyse and debug layers 1-7.
• Extensive experience of troubleshooting service provider or large enterprise networks.
• Experience of the following routing protocols: OSPF, BGP, MPLS EIGRP, and OTV.
• Experience of Cisco multi-layer switches and routers, including 6500s, 3750s, and 7200s.
• Experience of firewall and VPN design and operations including Cisco ASA, Cisco Firepower, and Palo Alto firewalls.
• Experience of using and maintaining network monitoring tools such as Solarwinds Orion/NCM.
• Experience of designing Wireless products.
• Experience of using and deploying Cisco ISE
• Good understanding of cabling, fibre and connectivity technologies and standards.
• Adhering to data centre policies and procedures. Proven ability working in high-availability production environments within commercial data centres.
• Experienced with network-centric applications such as TACACS, RADIUS, and Syslog
• Experienced with content switching / network load balancing technologies such as F5 and Netscalers.
• Ability to own, prioritise and be responsible for own workload.
• ‘Can-do’ approach;
• Professional approach and manner, proper dress and personal presentation;
• Highly developed communication skills even when under pressure.
• Vigilant and focussed.
• Ability to nurture a positive image of company, and to adhere and positively contribute to the companies rules, regulations, processes, ethos and culture.
• True Customer Care dedication.
• Interest and dedication to keeping well informed about developments within the IT industry, especially new networking technologies.
Join the A Team
Does this sound like the kind of role you are looking for? If you are keen to join an organisation that is going through an exciting growth period at the moment then please apply via the link above. Some of our Key Benefits are:
• Excellent benefits from day one: contributory pension, life insurance, income protection insurance, childcare voucher salary sacrifice, cycle to work scheme, and employee assistance programme
• 25 days holidays
• Special focus on training and development with the opportunity to excel your career from our internal Talent Development Team
• Be part of an organisation that has recently been ranked by Deloitte in the Top 50 fastest growing tech Companies
If you want to more about our careers and life in general at Advanced please follow us on Linked In and visit our careers page
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"