- The ideal candidate will be part responsible for keeping all of the Delta printing presses supplied with work, a thorough knowledge of trapping files, imposing files to a pre-determined sheet size.
- You will be responsible for managing your time as productively as possible.
- You will need to ensure production deadlines and performance KPI’s are met.
- You will also as needed assist in other areas such as iPrint and ID room if required.
- Ensure all data entries are completed;
- Notify the line supervisor when stock levels are getting low.
- Notify the manager or relevant staff when an issue is encountered;
- Problem solve minor issues, to ensure that the work flows smoothly;
- Ensure machinery is maintained to manufacturers recommendations;
- Ensure working to Lean 5s principles.
- You will be expected to trouble shoot file issues and give advice when needed to the business.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- The ideal candidate will have a thorough knowledge of Imposition, Trapping, PDF creation and Adobe creative suite.
- You must have the ability to work effectively under pressure to tight deadlines.
- To succeed in this role you must also be a team player.
- The experience and notable qualifications required to for fill the task in hand.
- Decision making - Is ready and able to take the initiative, originate action and be responsible for the consequences of the decisions made.
- Planning and organising - able to think ahead in order to establish an efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others. Prioritises and plans activities taking into account all the relevant issues and factors such as deadlines, staffing and resources.
- Communication - able to get one’s message understood clearly by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience and the nature of the information.
- Flexibility - adapts and works effectively with a variety of situations, individuals or groups. Able to understand and appreciate different and opposing perspectives on an issue, to adapt an approach as the requirements of a situation change, and to change or easily accept changes in one’s own organisation or job requirements.
- Creative Thinking - able to transform creative ideas into practical reality. Can look at existing situations and problems in novel ways and come up with creative solutions.
- PDF Creator