PR & External Affairs Manager
£33,500 - £38,000
You will be responsible for planning and directing public relations activity designed to create and maintain a favourable public image for this forward thinking organisation and ensure that external recognition is maximised. In addition to sourcing and creating content for key channels, both external and internal, you'll develop messaging, manage campaigns and events, draft press materials and briefing papers for senior management, liaise with media and other stakeholders, and represent the organisation to external audiences.
- Observe and report on social, economic and political trends that might affect the organisation
- Support the development of the strategic positioning, identifying stakeholders and influencers and devising and implementing tailored and engaging communications campaigns and strategies.
- Identify relevant events, speaking, feature, advertising and sponsorship opportunities that enhance the strategic position, locally, regionally and nationally.
- Develop engaging and effective communications, both written and film, that demonstrate a track record, expertise and credibility.
- Contribute effective and relevant content for publication to company websites and chosen social media channels (e.g. press releases, comment / blog pieces, press statements, video and short films).
- Monitor and engage in relevant social discussions about our organisation and / or sector. Manage the response to social media comments that may cause reputational damage to the organisation and / or its partners.
- Write compelling and persuasive awards submissions to position the business favourably, in line with our strategic priorities and organise attendance at awards dinners.
- Manage, assign and review the activities of our appointed public relations agency. Direct activities to ensure that opportunities for comment from spokespeople across all areas of business operations are identified and maximised; arranging interviews and speaking opportunities or providing comment where appropriate.
- Manage the distribution of press releases in a timely manner, monitoring and reporting press coverage.
- Respond to requests for information from media representatives and prepare information for media kits.
- Manage, coach and support the Marketing Executive.
Skills required for the role:
- Politically astute and able to demonstrate a good understanding of national, devolved and local politics and the external influences that have an impact on our organisation and sector.
- Experience of nurturing key relationships and maintaining networks, using a collaborative approach to leverage opportunities and position the business effectively, internally and externally.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills as you will be required to build an understanding of the audience as well as the needs of the business, and express and translate these needs into communications activity across multiple channels; therefore good communication skills are vital.
- Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail.
- Assertive, resilient and critical thinker.
- Motivated and fast-working, willing and able to both seek out and take up opportunities when they present themselves.
- Excellent writing skills with perhaps a journalistic or PR agency background.
- Ability to interpret complex messages and translate them into communications that are accessible to multiple audiences.
- Time management and the ability to prioritise workload to deliver against tight deadlines is essential.
- Line management experience required.
- A relevant marketing or PR qualification is desirable.
- Attendance at evening or weekend events may be required.
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job