- An exciting opportunity has arisen with a worldwide provider of readymix concrete for the construction and leisure industry.
- Well known household name with regional and global offices and manufacturing facilities
- A leading Global brand, with the widest product range in any aggregates market
- Exciting opportunity for someone who is looking to add to their skills and supervise a plant autonomously.
- Working as the Plant Manager, you will be based at the companies Oxford plant
- The role is a high energy position involving many different tasks including: shovelling materials onto the production belt, cleaning the yard and site whilst managing the team and ensuring the plant runs smoothly operationally.
- As well as the physical aspects of the job, there are a lot of technical responsibilities such as: batching in the control room, run by a computer system, ensuring production is running on time and managing stock levels.
- The Plant Manager will be working directly with the planning office to meet customer order details.
- High concentration level is required for this aspect of the position as measurements and fluidity of material is essential.
- The Plant Manager will also be maintaining quality standards within the plant including machinery, health and safety - performance standards.
- The working hours are Monday-Friday 6am-4pm and Saturday's 6am-11am.
The Ideal Person:
- The ideal Plant Supervisor will have some onsite construction experience, ideally be in a plant supervisor role but not essential.
- You will need to have some supervisory background as this role involves high levels of multitasking and organisation.
- Ideally from a construction, concrete, aggregates background.
- The successful candidate will have a strong work ethic
- Full driving licence
- Ideally with a shovel load license
- Can come from a labouring background
- Other backgrounds such as: landscaping will also be considered.
- Passionate about Health and Safety
Consultant: Sarah Dimmock
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK.
About On Target
On Target Recruitment is one of the UK's leading specialist recruitment agencies. Our consultants specialise in sales, technical and commercial jobs in the Engineering, Construction, Medical, and Business Solutions sectors. We place all levels of personnel, up to Director across the UK and internationally.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job