Pharmaceutical QC Manager
Analytical chemistry lab QC Manager for global pharmaceutical company with staff management in Bedfordshire
Your new company
Is a leading global pharmaceutical company, with a history of innovation and an excellent corporate reputation, that is looking to add a QC Manager to their technical lab team in Bedfordshire.
Your new role
You will be taking on a management position in the analytical testing / QC lab for the company, leading a team of scientists, as well as managing the fast-paced QC lab & operations and acting as a technical expert troubleshooting issues.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Managing the analytical testing of all raw materials, intermediates, and finished products / APIs coming through the QC lab, using techniques such as FTIR, UV-Vis and wet chemistry techniques;
- Line management for a team of QC scientists, including identifying training and development opportunities;
- Acting as a technical expert troubleshooting any testing issues, and looking for ways to optimise analytical methods;
- Setting out, and overseeing, testing timelines, ensuring materials and products are tested within required timescales;
- Liaising with colleagues in other departments, such as QA and manufacturing / production, as well as external suppliers;
- Develop SOPs for testing operations, ensuring work is being done to GMP regulations; and
- Assist with site audits, deviation investigations, root cause analysis and CAPA implementation.
The role will also involve some hands-on analytical chemistry testing work, especially when troubleshooting complex issues.
What you'll need to succeed
As well as strong communication and organisational skills, you should have a keen interest in pharmaceutical chemistry and an aptitude for problem solving.
Other requirements include:
- A degree in chemistry, pharmaceutical science or similar discipline (or equivalent);
- Hands-on experience of analytical testing work within a pharmaceutical / healthcare QC lab;
- A track record of technical troubleshooting, or leading technical projects within analytical chemistry;
- Staff management or supervision experience within a GMP environment;
- Experience within OOS / OOT or deviation investigations, as well as exposure to CAPAs or change controls;
- Very good knowledge of FTIR, UV-Vis, chromatography or wet chemistry techniques.
Candidates with experience of a contract testing, or fast-paced, lab environment are at an advantage, as the ability to deal with changing priorities and timelines is important.
What you'll get in return
As well as an excellent working environment, and career progression opportunities, you'll have the chance to work on a range of different QC elements and projects, whilst leading a team of scientists.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call me on .
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact me for a confidential discussion on your career.
- change control
"Office Assistant jobs in London"