People Business Partner
Buckfastleigh, Devon (with frequent travel)
£Competitive Plus Benefits
We’re mad about organic veg. It’s at the core of everything we do. We love to grow it, pack it into boxes and deliver it to customers’ doorsteps around the UK. This takes a lot of brilliant people, with a range of skills and knowledge.
Riverford began in 1986, with a few acres of veg, a wheelbarrow and a beaten up 2CV for deliveries. We’ve grown into a successful e-commerce business, with two farms and packhouses, a fleet of vans and drivers, a wholesalers, butchery, organic restaurant and pub.
Our culture and values set us apart from other businesses. Riverford is a friendly, informal place to work, with a passionate, entrepreneurial spirit.
As of June 2018, Riverford is employee owned. The company founder Guy has chosen employee ownership to protect Riverford’s values, ensure its independence, and because he believes the employees are the best people for the job. Working for Riverford makes you a 'co-owner’, which gives you greater insight into the working of the business and more of a say about how it should be run, through our employee council and trustees. Join us to learn how we do it our way at Riverford.
What you’ll be doing
Reporting to the Head of People Operations, this is an exciting role working with a company which really values its staff and puts people at the heart of the business. We now have staff numbers in excess of 650, employed across a wide range of sectors. We have strong values and are a great place to work but we aspire to be exceptional and this role has a key part in helping us to achieve this.
This role will lead, facilitate and support the People team and wider business in the delivery of some exciting People related projects that will really help us reach our aims of being an exceptional place to work.
The day to day support and guidance given to our managers by this role is a crucial part of us achieving this too. You will partner with managers and work with them to ultimately ensure we are doing everything we can to attract and retain the best talent across all areas of the business. You will do this by providing advice and guidance on all people related matters from general case work, to recruitment and organisational design for each area of the business ensuring we have the right people in the right places, that are then working in a way to support our values and ethos.
You must understand the longer-term and wider implications of decisions made at local levels and be able to guide and advise to ensure the right outcomes. You will be accountable for the delivery of large and complex change projects and require strong project management skills and stakeholder engagement ability.
Key areas of Responsibility
- Sponsor, lead, drive and ensure the delivery of complex business change projects, ensuring alignment with the People strategy and plan, and realisation of the business objectives.
- Develop and propose adaptations of HR activity to meet the specific remit of a business, ensure alignment and delivery of HR solutions provided by support functions, and 3rd parties.
- Apply subject matter expertise to the development of policy and process, reflecting external best practice and that add value to the business.
- Support the development of appropriate skills, knowledge and behaviours across the business to ensure we are in the best place to attract and retain the best talent.
- Overseeing sickness management and absence levels along with other key operational KPIs.
- Helping to build management and leadership capabilities across all sites to ensure we get the best out of people and help them reach their potential.
- Up-skilling and coaching managers on all areas of people management with the aim of helping them to be more confident capable people managers.
- Manage and support cyclical people activities such as pay reviews, profit share payments etc.
- Monthly absence reporting to managers.
Skills and Experience
- Degree educated and ideally CIPD level 5 or above qualified however, experience will also be considered.
- Strong HR experience across a broad range of HR functions. Specifically experience of managing complex Employee Relations cases including TUPE, redundancy, performance management, ill health capability and settlement agreements.
- Experience of business process changes and a proven track record of successful delivery.
- Demonstrable organisational design experience.
- Commercially astute and able to see the bigger picture and find ways around problems to reach the best outcome for the long-term success of the business.
- Have a great ER and Employment Law understanding and network and keeps up to date with government changes and implications.
- Deliver new initiatives that are on brand and challenge the HR status quo a little.
Riverford is a beautiful place to work, with lots of great people - and other benefits too. We offer 33 days’ holiday (including bank holidays), a generous company pension scheme and an annual profit share. We love food and hope you do too, so we give staff 25% off everything we sell on our website; heavily discounted organic breakfasts and lunches in the staff canteen; and free organic fruit and veg. There are also many social events for staff, with two big parties a year.
To apply for the role of People Business Partner, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: People Business Partner, HR Business Partner, Human Resources Business Partner, Human Resources Manager, Employee Relations Manager, HR Change Project Manager, HR Manager, HR Strategy Manager, HR, Human Resources.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'