Barnett Waddingham is a partner-led business which prides itself in providing straightforward and well communicated pensions advice.
The Pension Administration Business was established in 1993. Our core business is the provision of services to trustees of UK occupational pension schemes DB, DC, CARE, cash balance - and we will do this as a stand-alone "admin-only" appointment or in conjunction with services provided by other Barnett Waddingham Practice Areas.
Due to continued expansion, an exciting and interesting role has arisen within our Pension Administration practice area to manage some of our key client contracts. Working closely with the pension administration teams you will be tasked with ensuring the smooth running of client relationships and adherence to our service contracts.
What We Are Proud Of
- Our team of experienced and focussed pension administrators
- Investors in Customers - Gold Award (Nov 2017) for Pension Administration - an excellent achievement for a first-time assessment
- PASA Accreditation (Pension Administration Standards Association) - achieved in 2017
- Professional Pensions: UK Pensions Awards 2017 and 2016 : Winner
- Pension Age Awards: Winner 2017 and 2016
- Taking personal responsibility for completion of work allocated to you, and meeting deadlines.
Understanding the client and the client’s aims and objectives
Dealing with clients’ telephone queries and day-to-day correspondence providing technical advice where needed
Hosting client meetings where applicable
Ensure that any customer concerns or complaints are processed correctly and raised with appropriate reporting Partners immediately
Prepare fee quotes for work outside the fixed fee arrangements.
Developing and maintaining good working relationships for a portfolio of clients including the clients other advisers
Project manage client projects and new business implementations
Assist in training and development of local teams on customer care and client relationships
Follow the guidance provided by PATH over practical implications of legislative changes
Identify and follow up situations in which Barnett Waddingham has the skills and experience to further assist clients
The role holder is also likely to complete work for clients including:
- Research and development
- Understanding requirements of Pension Legislation, Regulations, and other guidance
- Complying with Continuous Professional Development requirements and attending internal and external seminars and talks
- Provide feedback to ensure that the team’s tools remain appropriate for the work that needs to be carried out
Who We Are Looking For
To be successful in this role you will need a strong understanding of pension administration at a senior level, specifically with regards to processes and how the administration function works in an outsourced environment. You will also need client facing experience, with exposure to managing relationships. This role would suit an experienced pension administrator, looking for something different. As an individual you will need to be driven and willing to get your hands dirty if needs be!
Our client account managers also specialise in providing high quality scheme secretariat and governance services. A strategic thinker, you may be asked to act as scheme secretary for key client trustee boards. Ideally APMI qualified or equivalent, with strong communication, organisational and project management skills, you will be able to bring demonstrable expertise in delivery of robust scheme governance and risk management requirements.
Professional development - We encourage and support staff to attain a relevant qualification with the Pensions Management Institute and welcome applications from administrators who are currently working towards, or have achieved APMI status, or are keen to do so. We also actively encourage qualified staff to fulfil their Continuous Professional Development requirements on an annual basis.
- Pension Administration
- Client Account Management