Umbrella rate: £12.00 an hour
Working on behalf of a Local Authority, Aatom Recruitment has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Payroll Supervisor on a 2 month contract. They would like someone who has the experience and knowledge in the following:
Purpose of the role -
- The role will require to manage a team of Service Centre Advisors in order to provide a high quality, consistent service delivery for our external clients and Hoople.
- This will include payroll/pension/administrative/contractual advice and support to all clients and managers/employees within Hoople through effective supervision, coaching and development.
- The role holder will also be required to continuously review working practices, make recommendations and implement improvements to service delivery.
- To manage the delivery of high quality end to end HR and Payroll transactional processes.
Duties and Responsibilities -
- To supervise the delivery of a high quality, accurate and efficient payroll and HR contractual/administrative service to specified clients
- To undertake line management responsibility for a team of staff. To ensure the induction and training needs of new staff are met, that the team are kept abreast of changes, to hold regular team meetings, 1-1s and PRDs.
- To be the first point of contact for any escalated queries or issues and take responsibility to resolve queries
- To develop a good understanding of clients HR/Payroll transactional requirements and lead on the continuous improvement of systems and processes used
- To deliver high performance against key performance indicators as defined in Service Level Agreements
- To identify tasks and activities and plan resource requirements accordingly. Monitor performance output and service levels taking corrective action where appropriate
- To provide advice, guidance and support to managers, headteachers, external clients on a range of HR / Payroll issues including terms and conditions of employment, employment law, pensions and PAYE
- To monitor the types of manager and employee queries and develop ways to improve supporting guides and documentation in order to improve user experience and reduce demand
- To lead on the development of the Service Centre through the effective use of systems, and making recommendations to improve end to end processes and service delivery
- Working closely with the HR Operations team to ensure knowledge is up-to-date and advice given is consistent and is in line with policies, procedures, legislation and HR/Payroll best practice
- Maintain a high level of knowledge on PAYE and pension compliance, employment law, terms and conditions of employment for all clients, ie STPCD/NJC/NHS
- To manage the development of the Service Centre team ensuring individuals are trained and work to defined service standards, policies and procedures
- To plan, organise and arrange any statutory documentation, eg Teachers' Annual Salary Review statements/Pension Auto-enrolment letters to be produced and distributed as appropriate
- To advise managers, headteachers, employees and external clients on redundancy estimates and the approval process for payment
- To assess payments to employees related to retirement/redundancy/ill-health/ death benefits etc and to liaise closely with appropriate agencies, ie Teachers' Pensions, Local Government Pension Scheme administrator
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience -
- HR & Payroll experience
- Applicants should be educated to a minimum of 'A' level standard and hold an ILM or CMI (or equivalent) qualification or be willing to obtain. Applicants without formal qualifications must be able to demonstrate a comparable level of aptitude and experience.
- Applicants should have a good working knowledge of HR/Payroll service standards, best practice, employment law and statutory requirements related to the role. Great customer service and people skills are essential. Applicants will also ideally have experience of managing and developing teams and of delivering a customer focused support function, or be able to demonstrate the necessary skills and approach to be successful.
- Employment Law
- Human Resources
- Local Government
- Payroll Supervisor
- New Starter
- Teachers' Pensions
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job