The Payroll Officer will be a key part of the busy Payroll team, processing the in-house Payroll Service with the greatest level of accuracy and efficiency. Reporting to the Group Payroll Manager, the successful candidate will assist the Payroll Team Leader in processing both weekly and monthly payrolls. Attention to detail and proactively recommending process improvements are key, as well as possessing outstanding communication skills.
Key responsibilities as a payroll officer:
- Responsible for ensuring all payrolls are completed accurately and on time.
- Validate and sign off all quality related payroll checks and controls.
- All relevant outputs are accurately produced and delivered on time to onward users (e.g. HMRC, Finance, Sites).
- Ensure payroll process documents are fully updated and key processes are mapped and documented, including training material.
- Recommend process improvements.
- Liaise with key stakeholders regarding Payroll input requirements.
- Support the Annual Audit.
- P11d and P46 administration and reporting.
- Assist with ad hoc payroll projects as required.
The successful candidate will possess
- A minimum of 2 years Payroll experience.
- Knowledge of HMRC statutory requirements.
- Strong analytical and IT skills especially Excel.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Confident communicator.
- Administering pension schemes.
- Organised and adaptable to a rapidly growing organisation.
The client will offer a competitive salary and other benefits associated with a progressive employer including study support, increased holidays and a fantastic pension scheme.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job