We are seeking a customer focussed individual with experience in a payroll environment to join our friendly team based in Chester. Working within a larger team you will ensure accurate and timely in-house payroll production for the various clients we support, in accordance with statutory regulations.
This is a great chance to develop your skills in a varied and interesting role, ideally suited to someone with payroll experience and an understanding of UK tax legislation. You will be expected to liaise and work closely with clients, assisting with any payroll related queries and ensuring all payrolls are processed in an accurate and timely manner.
A positive attitude, strong interpersonal skills plus multi-tasking ability and a keen eye for detail will all be essential if you want to develop your skills and expertise as part of this busy team.
RSM Employer Services delivers back office software and solutions to clients, via the use of Internet technology. Employer Services both develops and supports its own applications as well as implementing other solutions.
Working within a larger team to ensure accurate and timely in-house payroll production for various clients in accordance with statutory regulations.
You will have had previous payroll experience with a keen eye for detail and enjoy working within a team, this role will be varied over numerous clients with the main focus on client relationships and customer care.
- Knowledge of statutory and legislative regulations
- Compliance with Internal Policies and Procedures
- Data Integrity and Self review of client data prior to issue of information to clients / third parties
- An ability to communicate at all levels - both internal and external in a prompt manner
- Understand the payroll deadlines and client requirements - ensure processing notes are updated and maintained
- Clear and concise communication, both written and verbal
- Respond to client emails / data requests in a timely and professional manner
- An ability to work independently and as part of the wider team
- Previous payroll experience essential
- Knowledge of UK Tax legislation
- Microsoft and Excel skills
Personal and professional qualities
The role requires:
- GCSE Maths and English (Grade C & above)
- Previous Payroll knowledge
- Understand UK tax legislation
- Ability to prioritise workloads
- Knowledge of month end and year-end returns and balancing
- Ability to perform manual calculations as and when required
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- CIPP Payroll qualification or be willing to attain
- Knowledge of working in a multi frequency payroll environment
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
To find out more, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our Careers Website.
- Customer Service
- Human Resources
- Payroll Services
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'