Leading North East accountancy and business advisory practice seeks experienced Payroll Clerk to work within its busy payroll bureau.
Your main responsibilities as Payroll Clerk will include:
- Taking full responsibility for a portfolio of weekly and monthly payrolls for a variety of clients
- Checking own inputs and reviewing payrolls prepared by more junior staff, ensuring the very highest standards of accuracy and quality
- Filing payroll data with HMRC
- Processing all elements of payroll, including court orders and student loans for clients’ employees
- Processing auto enrolment pension deductions, issuing enrolment letters to employees for clients
- Answering client payroll queries in a timely and professional manner
As Payroll Clerk you will need:
- Recent, strong practical experience in a similar Payroll position, working under pressure in a busy payroll bureau - ideally in accountancy practice
- Previous experience of STAR payroll software advantageous
- Up-to-date knowledge with all payroll rules and regulations
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to self manage
Please note: High levels of interest mean we will only contact you if your application is shortlisted and this will happen within five working days. You must also be eligible to work in the UK.
Payroll Clerk, Newcastle upon Tyne
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'