Our client is looking for a Part time (10-12 hour / week) Bookkeeper to assist in managing their day-to-day accounting and finance requirements. Confidentiality, excellent organizational skills and accuracy are important qualifications for this position, as well as good customer relations and the ability to communicate clearly. The ideal candidate for this position is a skilled multi-tasker, is reliable and is committed to consistently meeting deadlines. The Bookkeeper will also be responsible for dealing with Payroll and Invoicing with the assistance of the Office Manager.
Responsibilities within the role
- Balance and maintain accurate ledgers
- Match purchase orders with invoices
- Coordinate bank deposits and report financial results on a regular basis to management
- Monitor office expenses and tally and enter cash receipts as well as Forecasting and Cash Flow forecasts
- Pay vendor invoices and track bank account balances including reconciliation.
- Develop monthly financial statements, including cash flow, profit and loss statements and balance sheets
- Prepare quarterly and monthly tax returns, corporation tax along with payroll, operating and business taxes.
- Invoice our clients considering CIS deductions and part invoices
Knowledge, skill and abilities needed for this position
- Diploma in Accounting or related field
- Five years’ experience working in accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll and payroll reports.
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Extensive experience with data entry, record keeping and computer operation
- Proficiency in Sage, Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Experience in services related to payroll, such as writing cheques and submitting payroll taxes
- Strong understanding of business and income tax worksheets and computations
- Tax Returns
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'