You will be working on a broad range of clients, mainly in the entrepreneurial business (OMB) and private client sectors.
• Assist the senior with planning on assignments.
• Document systems and controls and identify risks as a result of the review.
• Perform preliminary analytical review to identify risk areas, calculating ratios and considering expected trends.
• Ensure sound knowledge of client and industry by reading background information on +vantage, visiting client’s website and asking senior / manager about useful publications to read.
• Ensure completion of the more technical sections as allocated by the senior or assignment manager.
• Carry out analytical review as instructed by the senior or assignment manager.
• Attend client meetings as and when determined by the senior or assignment manager.
• More responsibility with regard to client relationship building and greater client involvement.
• Communicate with manager and senior any issues or findings arising from audit work.
• Assist with the on job training of junior staff whilst acting as a first point of enquiry.
• Apply technical knowledge gained to the audit fieldwork by ensuring knowledge is up-to-date.
• Carry out ad-hoc tasks as required by the senior or assignment manager.
• Assist in closedown of audit file by signing off sections, clearing review points and completing Pentana Checker.
• Identify management letter points in conjunction with the senior.
• Ensure feedback is passed on to the senior on the junior staff assignment appraisals.
• Complete weekly assignment reviews within two weeks of the end of the engagement and submit to partner for approval.
• Ensure all appraisals are completed at 6 monthly periods.
• Ensure timesheets are completed on a weekly basis.
• Ensure work based learning questions are answered on a monthly basis and discussed appraising manager on a 6 monthly basis
• To have an awareness of the various services provided by Mazars has to offer and have an awareness of each department.
• To maintain a professional working relationship with clients throughout the fieldwork and social activities
• To continue to increase and maintain technical knowledge by attending college and reading various accountancy journals and newspapers.
• Attend all training courses determined by HR and appraising managers.
• Working towards becoming a chartered or certified accountant through the ACA or ACCA (or equivalent) qualifications.
• Possesses some recent external audit experience.
• Actively seeks to enhance expertise and knowledge.
• Pro-actively identifies client need and keeps them informed of project status as appropriate.
• Develops and maintains relationships with internal and external contacts at all levels.
• Begins to develop a network of client contacts.
• Acts as a role model for the team and values others expertise.
• Provides assistance, shares experiences, provides meaningful feedback and proactively supports the development of others.
• Commitment to self-development.
• Participates in meetings, providing information and ideas with clarity and persuasiveness.
Please CLICK HERE to download our benefits booklet
Please CLICK HERE to download the job description.
Mazars is all about people – we believe that each individual makes a difference to the Mazars culture. As an international firm with strong European roots, we are a melting pot of different cultures and disciplines. Diversity is one of our main strengths.
We are an international, integrated, transparent and independent organisation specialising in audit, accountancy, tax, legal, and advisory services. The Group has a presence in 77 countries and draws on the expertise of 17,000 professionals.
We all work within a culture of high support and high challenge at Mazars. We are not afraid to take on new and greater responsibilities. But we do this through encouragement – not pressure and competition.
Mazars LLP is an equal opportunities employer and all applications received by the firm will be considered by the firm on the basis of their merit alone and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified individuals regardless of background. All offers of employment will be conditional on the candidate having/securing the right to work in the UK and providing the firm with evidence of that right (as required by the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006) prior to employment commencing.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'