A top leading independent firm are looking for a newly qualified or well experienced/nearly qualified. Mainly accounts and taxation (portfolio of personal tax clients to look after). This firm have a significant number of audits and audit experience would be helpful but not vital. Training and exposure to audits can be provided to candidates if this is of interest.
This role will be ideal if you are a focussed and hard-working individual who is ambitious and driven and who exhibits diligent attention to detail. This is a long term, challenging role for someone to create a successful and enjoyable position.
- Production of financial accounts and tax returns for a diverse range of businesses, management accounts, VAT returns, personal tax returns, other compliance outputs, and cash flow forecasts and budgets.
- Provision of support to the manager of the team as well as deputising for the manager in their absence.
- Development and building of relationships with a significant portfolio of clients.
- Provision of support and mentoring of junior members of the team on both technical and practical matters.
- A champion and source of knowledge in the team for the various pieces of software being used.
- Responsibility for ensuring the team meets billing and financial targets.
- Provision of advice to clients on business planning, book-keeping, accounting procedures, VAT, taxation and NIC.
- Responsibility for ensuring an effective turnaround of jobs within the team and increasing efficiency by recommending changes to the existing systems and procedures.
- Maintenance of technical knowledge (both accountancy and tax) to keep fully up to date on all relevant technical matters.
The successful candidate will be:
- Part qualified (ACCA or ICAEW).
- Focussed and hard-working and make excellent use of their time.
- Ambitious and driven and keen to achieve more win their career.
- Diligent with excellent attention to detail.
- A team player who works well under pressure.
- Passionate about providing great customer service and customer satisfaction.
- Great at communicating with people at all levels - face to face and in writing.
- Able to build and maintain long-term relationships in a business capacity.
- Able to understand a clients' businesses.
- Comfortable in managerial situations and aspire to a managerial position.
For further information on this role, please apply direct or contact Billie Vallance at AJ Chambers.
- Part Qualified
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job