A new opportunity for a Paralegal has arisen to join an independent production company. Our client creates high end drama for the UK and international markets with the major broadcasters and streaming services.
This is a key role and will report to a fantastic and supportive Head of Legal & Business Affairs. As a Paralegal you will have responsibility for the following:
- Drafting and negotiating a range of development agreements with supervision such as pitch agreements, treatment agreements, storylining agreements and writers’ room agreements
- Drafting and negotiating a variety of production contracts under supervision including cast and contributor agreements in addition to third party releases and location agreements
- Reviewing scripts, neg-checker reports and locked cuts of episodes to identify clearance concerns and advise production and/or the development team accordingly
- Managing and updating production files and ensuring all legal documentation is signed and saved on the legal drive and/or wet-ink originals filed
- Updating and managing precedent agreements
- Maintaining legal databases, filing systems, status trackers and option diaries
- Managing the signature process for all agreements and circulating to the relevant people; and
- Providing general administration and assistance to the legal department.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT:
IN ORDER TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL IDEALLY HAVE EXPERIENCE OF WORKING AS A PARALEGAL OR SIMILAR WITHIN THE MEDIA INDUSTRY, IDEALLY WITHIN TELEVISION AS WELL AS:
- Experience of drafting and negotiating a range of commercial agreements relating to TV production
- Good organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously, use initiative and take responsibility for projects
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to communicate legal matters to a non-legal audience
- Methodical with a meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure within a fast-paced and varied environment
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'