Our clienthave an exciting opportunity for an Outreach Support Worker to join their teambased in Braintree, Essex. You will join them on a part time, permanent basis in return you will receive a competitive salary of £20,000 per annum (pro rata).
The Outreach Support Worker role:
Our client are committed to delivering high quality, effective outreach support services for vulnerable people. The Essex outreach service is designed to reduce and prevent homelessness and promote the independence, wellbeing and inclusion of customers. Working as part of a large community based team, you’ll deliver strength-based support services to people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
Responsibilities of their Outreach Support Worker include:
- Provide information, support and guidance to customers to increase their independent living skills.
- Participate in all parts of the service from the initial referral, being able to confidently triage to the right level of support, completing assessments and crisis support as required and to hold an individual caseload of customers requiring various levels of support living either in the community.
- Offer support at drop-ins across the County, providing support, advice or guidance as needed.
- Encourage customers to recognise the benefit of additional support services related to their mental health, drug and alcohol misuse problems, or other health issues and assist with access to these services.
- Plan a structured programme with the customers to reduce the support, making them aware of the drop-in service provided should they need one off support, advice or guidance.
- Ensure that customer participation and consultation forms an integral part of the service.
- Support customers to make full use of community facilities, play an active role in their community and take up cultural, recreational, educational and employment opportunities.
- Support customers to develop and maintain positive and effective relationships with their family, friends, carers and other professionals
- Promote self-advocacy and advocate for all customers
What they're looking for in their Outreach Support Worker:
- Experience of supporting vulnerable people to live independent lives in the community
- A good knowledge of statutory and community services
- A good knowledge of welfare benefits and a practical understanding of tenancy law
- A good knowledge of Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults
- Able to use IT software packages (e.g. spreadsheets, word processing and databases)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Numeracy skills sufficient to advise customers on benefit entitlements, debt issues and household budgeting and management
- Able to work outside of normal office hours when required
- Must have a Full Driving Licence and have access to a car
Benefits of becoming their Outreach Support Worker:
- 25 days leave plus bank holidays
- Paid Mileage at 45p per mile
- Up to 4% pension contribution matched 1:1
- Spot Bonus awards
- Long Service awards
- Paid Induction Training
- Paid Enhanced DBS
- Annual pay review
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our client's Outreach Support Worker please click ‘apply’ today, they’d love to hear from you!
Closing date: 19th November 2019
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'