Our client is a leading financial services business who are currently recruiting for an Operational Risk Manager. The role will be responsible for supporting the implementation of the operational risk management framework and provide expert knowledge and guidance on operational Risk.
- Support the implementation of the operational risk management framework, ensuring the framework is understood and embedded.
- Work with key stakeholders across business units and group functionsto implement operational risk best practice, in particular embedded operational risk/assurance managers.
- Oversee and monitor adherence to the Operational Risk Management Framework, including requirements within each of the supporting policies and processes, ensuring their robust application across the business and providing reporting on exceptions.
- Monitor Risk Events ensuring appropriate remedial work is undertaken by first line business areas and tracked to conclusion, provide validation of data accuracy including allocation to appropriate risk themes/ Basel categories, review associated risk data including RCSAs to ensure controls and risk assessments have been updated, prepare data for submission to the regulator / external data sharing consortiums in line with prescribed standards.
- Review RCSAs to identify data exceptions and inconsistencies with other framework elements (including risk events), working with first line business areas to address or raising concerns to management where appropriate.
- Review and monitor RCSA actions to ensure timely updates and track to conclusion.
- Provide oversight of the Risk Acceptance process, ensuring central records remain accurate and proactively following up expiring acceptances.
- Providing relevant feedback to first line risk supporters and/or SMEs.
- Supporting reporting to CORC and other committees.
- Experience of working within a risk or control area within financial services
- Strong awareness of operational risk and control environment execution within a financial services environment
- Strong reporting and analytical skills, able to draft reports to senior leaders and Executive Committees
- Knowledge of regulatory capital requirements an advantage
"Office Assistant jobs in London"