Network Engineer - CCNA
Department / Function: Technology ~ Technology
Hours: Full time, Mon-Fri
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 (including on-call allowance), plus bonus and benefits
Based out of our Manchester (Chadderton) office, SG Gaming is seeking a Network Engineer to assist with the planning, evaluation and management of existing and new networks and territories. It is essential that you are a certified CCNA or CCNA Voice and ideally you will be CCNP or CCNP Voice or CCSA NGX qualified too.
The position is a technical, hands-on role in which the candidate will be able to implement solutions and support system level issues until resolution. The successful applicant will spend a considerable portion of their time supporting various network services and technologies. These include MPLS, Cable DSL, ADSL, Metro-Ethernet, SDH, routing protocols and VPN services. The candidate must be able to manage a number of diverse technical environments, interoperate successfully with customers and business vendors and provide recommendations necessary to maintain or expand service levels.
• Manage multi-site enterprise networks.
• Manage and maintain technical relationships with the customer and work closely with their technical resources.
• Create and maintain logical and rational network IT environments.
• Support field infrastructure and work to deliver client agreed work packages and objectives.
• Utilise and develop processes and procedures to monitor, diagnose and solve critical network challenges in the field.
• Be responsible for maintaining the stability of network communications, and analysing and solving network outages, or routing issues.
• Define, collect, and publish network operation metrics and service level reports.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
• System and network monitoring experience required.
• Good understanding of subnets and ip address allocation.
• Client facing experience required.
• Hands-on knowledge of configuring and maintaining Cisco routers, switches and ideally firewalls.
• Experience with cellular and wireless communications (GPRS/EDGE 3G, 802.11x).
• Good knowledge of routing protocols and ports.
• Knowledge of OSI Model, Wireshark and Tcpdump.
• Metro-Ethernet experience.
• Software and hardware installation, configuration, integration and support.
• MPLS configuration knowledge.
• Cisco ASA, Check Point, Juniper and HP.
• F5 experience.
• Cisco Call Manager & Data Centre knowledge.
SG Gaming employs more than 550 people across three offices in the UK and is supported by its global gaming parent company, Nasdaq-listed Scientific Games, which employs 8,000 people in more than 50 countries on six continents. You will receive first class training, support and career development opportunities along with a very competitive salary, additional benefits and company bonus.
Please send us your details via 'Apply' (be sure to include a valid email address) and you will be emailed a link to apply online.
- 'Network Engineer'
- 'Network Engineering'
- 'CCSA NGX'
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job