* The successful applicant will be involved in using a variety of machinery used to cut their steel products to size, picking and packing materials for dispatch, loading and unloading of vehicles, checking incoming and outgoing materials and general housekeeping.
* Previous experience with band saws or similar would be advantageous but consideration will be given to the right candidate
* Machinery familiarisation training will also be provided along with training to use M.H.E. (Material Handling Equipment) overhead crane and side loader
* Previous experience in the steel industry is not needed but would be beneficial
* This is a physically demanding environment with lifting and carrying involved so a good level of physical fitness is required
* You will be meticulous in your work, have a good level of mathematics and be able to read a tape measure
* Forklift truck experience is beneficial but not essential
* Teamwork is key, so be prepared to assist your colleagues with a variety of jobs within the warehouse operation and not to be frightened to get your hands dirty
* Steel Industry experience
* Forklift Licence
* Side loader / Combi lift licence
* Overhead crane licence
* Band saw experience
* Company Pension
* Working Monday to Friday inclusive
* Hours are 8am to 5pm with 1 hour for lunch (unpaid)
* The successful applicant would be expected to work overtime when required.
Contact: Andy Cox
- Warehouse Operative
- Multi skilled
- Band saw
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"