BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Mount Alvernia Hospital - Guildford has a vacancy for a Medical Secretary to join their team of staff in the Medical Administration Department.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Experience in medical secretary work.
- Typing, Audio, word processing.
- Knowledge of private healthcare desirable
Duties of this role include:
- To provide excellent secretarial support to all Consultants using the Hospital Medical Secretariat service. To ensure all data is collated in an accurate and timely manner.
- To maintain and comply with policies and procedures of the Hospital.
- Working closely with the Consultants and existing team of Medical secretaries to:
- Manage efficient appointment systems ensuring that all clinical data is available for each clinic.
- Transcription of dictation from audio of all correspondence relating to all medical and personnel matter whilst maintaining confidentiality.
- Organising any follow-up investigations relating to clinic appointments, completing the relevant forms and liaising with patients and relevant departments.
- Liaising and corresponding with Insurance Companies for approval of treatment and fees.
- Liaising with Anaesthetists for anaesthetic work-up and pre-assessment investigations for surgical treatment.
- Maintaining an accurate database of patients
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job