Materials Management Coordinator
£24,000 plus benefits
My client is a successful global company that provides a variety of on-site Laboratory Services to major pharmaceutical companies. As a result of continued growth and success, they now have an exciting new opportunity at a respected pharmaceutical customer for someone to control the management of materials across sample dispatch, stores, procurement and stocks background in a lab environment.
This company offers a fantastic opportunity to work at a prestigious pharmaceutical company in a supportive environment. They seek communicative, enthusiastic and capable scientists and technicians for their roles and reward their employees with a handsome salary and benefits and a varied and valuable working experience.
This global pharmaceutical site requires a materials management coordinator to support the day to day operations of the central stores and sample dispatch facilities. You will be responsible for health and safety requirements and regulatory compliance, ensuring an efficient inventory management system.
As part of the role you will receive, pack, prepare and ship R&D samples (biological, chemical, radioactive etc) to any destination globally ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation and transport regulations (air/road/sea).
You will act as a key point of contact for all research staff to deal with problems within the laboratories pertaining to stock inventory and dispatching samples.
You will liaise with other suppliers, senior stakeholders and scientists ensuring continuity of key technical services by measuring KPI’s and SLA’s. The emphasis is to enhance operational effectiveness, providing and maintaining the infrastructure processes, while looking for ways to improve customer service for clients utilising LEAN principles.
To apply for this role you should demonstrate:
- A scientific degree or proof or work experience in a laboratory environment
- Knowledge and understanding of Good Laboratory Standards.
- Knowledge of IATA, ADR and Known Consignor Regulations is an advantage.
- Proven excellent customer service focus and the ability to work collaboratively.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to partner with other teams and suppliers and deliver results in a matrix environment, managing multiple internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Outstanding communication skills on all levels and problem solving capabilities.
- Pharmaceutical Research
- Lean Principles
- Sample Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job