MARKETING / ADVERTISING EXECUTIVE
Part Remote/ Part Office-based - Full-time - Maternity cover Fixed Term Contract for 12 months (with potential for extension)
Based in Devon Postscript Books Ltd www.psbooks.co.uk is an established and fast-growing mail order catalogue and e-commerce bookseller, exclusively B2C. The company is extremely well positioned to take advantage of the current changes in the retail environment.
We are seeking an experienced Marketing / Advertising Executive to join our growing marketing team. Reporting to the department Manager, you will be a well-organised, creative and committed marketing professional.
- Developing and implementing both above-the-line and below-the-line offline and online customer acquisition campaigns. Potential activity includes a mix of direct mail, inserts, print advertising, outdoor advertising, social media and online display campaigns
- Monitoring the effectiveness of ongoing marketing campaigns and producing reports for senior managers
- Develop affinity marketing opportunities to acquire new customers
- Handling some of the day-to-day running of the marketing department, including keeping schedules up to date, filing, correspondence and maintaining the campaign totals report.
- Creating, managing and implementing schedules for all offline marketing activity (mailings, inserts) ensuring that all deadlines are met.
- Handling some of the financial responsibilities of the department including updating the offline marketing campaign reports, raising purchase orders and reviewing invoices for management approval.
- Working closely with the Ecommerce Manager and Catalogue team to ensure the best placement of products/offers and incentives.
- Campaign planning based on analysis of past performance producing forward campaign schedules. Identifying themes for future campaigns to maximise customer acquisition
- Handling the administration of all acquisition marketing campaigns, to include briefing designers, proofreading and managing the workflow from brief to print. Oversee the production of the print campaigns including proofing rounds.
- Commissioning work to external partners (mailing houses, printers and other marketing agencies) and our designer to deliver campaigns and additional marketing materials.
- Work with the whole department to deliver innovative campaigns and drive growth.
Team members are required to be conversant with tasks that other team members undertake. This includes digital activities such as social posts, email newsletter creation, website product maintenance and the publication of the book of the week along with a general competency in other online and offline functions to cover team member absence.
The post holder must also undertake any ad hoc duties as required.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Sound knowledge of MS office, particularly Word and Excel
- Direct mail and print advertising experience
- Working knowledge of social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Experience of Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop and InDesign preferable
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Twice yearly discretionary company bonus scheme (subject to eligibility)
- 37.5 hours per week
- Flexible start and finish times
- Part remote working available
- Cycle to work scheme
- Staff benefit scheme
- Free parking
Salary range £27-32K - depending on experience.
Please note, we may close the advert early if we receive a high volume of applications.
Please apply with a cover letter and your full CV.
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'