Manufacturing Systems Engineer - Aerospace, Defence sector.
Our client is a highly successful global aerospace company, due to expansion they are looking for multiple Manufacturing Systems Engineers to be responsible for identifying and introducing alternative and more cost-effective technology and processes to reduce cost and lead time. The roles are very varied and versatile, working in a highly-motivated team. Our client is looking for candidates at all levels from junior to senior.
Our client is for candidates with demonstrated Mechanical Engineering, Electro-Mechanical experience. You will be joining at team of 15. There will be some travel 20% (UK and abroad).
As a Manufacturing Systems Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Manufacturing experience including manufacturing processes/systems and techniques.
- Good knowledge of the aerospace and defence industry.
- New Product Introduction, NPI.
- A methodical approach.
- Experienced in Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement techniques.
- Degree or HNC or equivalent experience in Manufacturing or Production, Systems Engineering.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety.
As a Manufacturing Systems Engineer your main responsibilities will be:
- Helping streamline current internal and external processes to enable production demands to be met more efficiently. Ensures best practices are developed
- Providing expertise/support to the team to minimise performance barriers.
- Maintaining a world class capability for the manufacture, assembly and testing of the company’s aerospace products.
- Providing process advice and input where needed to internal and external customers such as Engineering, Production and Supply Chain
- Developing new technology and processes
- Establishing supply chain capabilities identifies areas of risk or potential improvement. Assists with new supplier assessments/qualification
- Preparing cost justifications for new technology and equipment
- Reviewing current internal processes and apply lean manufacturing techniques/continuous improvement to eliminate waste
- Supporting the development needs of the manufacturing engineering team to ensure team capability and flexibility meet the departmental and business needs
Keywords: Aerospace, Defence, Manufacturing, Production Engineering, Lean, Continuous Improvement, 3D, CAD/CAM, Investigations, Analysis, Manufacturing Engineer, NPI, New Product Introduction, Six Sigma.
Manufacturing Systems Engineer - Aerospace, Defence sector
Salary: Competitive large company benefits, flexi-time, Pension, Sports & Social Club etc
Location: Wimborne, Dorset
- Continuous Improvement
- Equipment Installation
- Lean Manufacturing
- Manufacturing Systems
- Product Introduction
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job