Collingwood is pleased to be the retained partner with this growing electronics manufacturer who primarily service the large aerospace / defence industry.
Established in the mid 1980’s this manufacturer views itself as an industry innovator in the design and manufacture of electronic enclosures and components. Part of a larger European group, generating revenues in excess of €150m and floated on the stock exchange, the group has recently made significant gains in East Asia, having already established a strong name in the US. The UK operation has grown to c.£8m with capacity to reach £20m and an immediate aim of hitting £10m.
Their product line incorporates over 20,000 parts with the business also offering design and integration services - the latter being a major area of UK focus moving forward. They satisfy a diverse range of industries to include telecommunications, industrial control, medical electronics, defence and aerospace. Defence "primes", such as Thales and Raytheon, and aerospace are the growth sectors for the UK operation.
Having done a lot of solid work in moving the UK workforce towards a more growth mindset - growing both revenues and margins for the UK business, the current MD of six years is due to retire in March 2019..
What we are looking for in you
- It is essential this person comes from an established aerospace manufacturing background (likely defence). Additionally, the product background will not be me2 (i.e. should involve a bespoke, solution sale process).
- S/he will come from an operational, finance or commercial background - the business does not want to bring in a sales orientated MD.
- It is not essential that this person has held a full Managing Director role yet. As such, this person may be an Operations Director, Finance Director or Commercial Director who is ready for the step up.
- Key to the role will be this person’s ability to continue David’s work in driving a more challenging environment throughout the team.
- This person will have a good handle on their emotional intelligence and be able to enthuse and influence the team. This is not to be substituted for strength and conviction of the person’s decision-making abilities. Clear direction and communication skills are essential.
- This person must be able to work semi-autonomously. The European head office tend to leave senior UK staff to make their own decisions.
- This person will need to live within commuting distance of the northern Home Counties.
And in return
The current MD will be leaving this UK operation in a strong position for further growth - this persons challenge, and reward, will be to continue with this upward curve and not allow for complacency that has historically affected the business. Established relationships with large defence primes is strong, with a well-respected and loyal Sales Director fronting this side of the business. Operationally the business is primed for future growth. In wrapping all this together, the incoming MD will have all the tools to drive their strategy for future success.
Package expectation is set at around the £80,000 to £100,000 basic mark, with a healthy bonus, car and other typical fringe benefits you would expect from an executive level role.
PLEASE NOTE COLLINGWOOD IS IN THE EARLY THROES OF RUNNING THIS ASSIGNMENT AND WILL GET BACK TO YOU WITHIN THREE WEEKS OF SUBMISSION
- P&L Responsibility
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'