MAINTENANCE PERSON - 9am - 5pm Monday - Friday
CareTech are looking for a Maintenance Person to work at Uplands Hospital in Fareham.
It is desirable to have some understanding of the needs of people with mental health problems.
About the role and requirements
1. PHYSICAL HEALTH
• Must enjoy general good health
Education Qualifications and Experience
Sufficient understanding of English Language and grammar in order to communicate with others clearly and effectively.
• Computer literate.
• Full UK driving licence
• Forms to be completed and created where required
• Awareness of Health and Safety and COSHH Regulations.
3. GENERAL INTELLIGENCE:
• Ability to acquire knowledge through further training.
• Ability to communicate with others both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to correctly interpret instructions given by others
• Ability and willingness to listen to others
• Ability to organise and maintain effective and essential record keeping.
4. SPECIAL APTITUDES:
• Ability to take responsibility of projects.
• Willingness to learn and maintain call system and CCTV applications
• Plant room knowledge
• Able to acquire quotes from external contractors and feed information back to Estates Management as required
• Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
• Methodical and organised approach to work.
Social/Artistic • To possess a range of D I Y skills to undertake minor repairs and maintenance of electrics, plumbing, carpentry, garden machinery to maintain a safe living and working environment.
• Safe use of ladders
• General garden upkeep.