Come to work and be ready to think on your feet, grow your skills, and embrace the many opportunities. Our Distribution Centers are the key to getting new products out to our TJX family stores which include TK Maxx, Homesense in the UK and TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, Winners and Homesense across the UIS and Canada. To keep up with our ever-changing inventory, we stay nimble and adaptable. No day is the same and that’s just how we like it. Every shift is a new opportunity to Discover Different—and support each other along the way.
We are currently looking for a Maintenance Manager to join our team in our flagship Distribution Centre in Wakefield to sustain the smooth running of the site by ensuring the correct working of all mechanical or electrical equipment, making sure this is constantly maintained to help meet business needs.
- Manage all maintenance and facilities activities on site, including contractors.
- Optimise availability, productivity and performance from plant, machinery and equipment on site.
- Ensure an effective planned preventative maintenance plan is in place and adhered to.
- Manage the on site maintenance team and prioritise work schedules.
- Work in partnership with the site management team to identify, resolve and communicate issues impacting on production, Health & Safety, Risk Management and future opportunities.
- Liaise with Engineering Managers of other T K Maxx sites and Distribution Services Engineering Manager to share plans, resource and spares.
- Ensure safety standards of own team and contractors and within the site are upheld to legislative and Company standards and play an integral role within the site Health and Safety Committee.
- Conduct all relevant inspections and testing to comply with Company Health & Safety Policy and Insurers’ requirements.
- Work in partnership with the Quality Improvement Manager to assess the feasibility of recommendations and to facilitate implementation of new initiatives.
- Identify and maximise opportunities to make cost savings, including energy usage.
- Responsible for maintenance budget.
- Develop effective supplier relationships and undertake contract negotiations where applicable.
Key Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Fluent command of the English language in writing and speaking.
- Engineering qualification (Mechanical / Electrical).
- Experience of maintenance and facilities management, including management of technical team.
- Conversant with systems for pneumatics, hydraulics and PLC’s.
- Proven ability to work in partnership with management teams.
- IT literate.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Able to read and interpret site plans and drawings / layouts and contribute to discussions around site development and changes.
- Health and Safety and Environmental legislation and Codes of Practice.
- Ability to recruit, manage and develop a multi-skilled team to meet the changing business needs.
- Project management experience
- Ability to construct and present business case
- Able to communicate effectively and adopt appropriate style for audience.
Discover Different at TJX—we think you’ll find that it’s so much more than a job. We move a lot of inventory—at all times of the day—and that takes working, learning, and growing together. When you’re a part of our TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit team in our Distribution Centers.
As you think about where to work, know that we take care of our people. We offer competitive pay and great benefits. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and / or sexual orientation.
- PLC Programming
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'