The Recruitment & Employment Bureau Group Ltd are currently working alongside one of our clients to recruit a Logistics Controller to join their rapidly expanding company in the Normanton area of Wakefield. This is an excellent position for someone who wishes to join an exciting, expanding, forward thinking company.
The main function of the role will be to provide logistic support to the Service and Depot Managers and to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide logistic support to whole company.
- Manage the stores function and control dispatches and receipts
- Ensure adequate storage is available and good House Keeping is observed in all areas.
- To ensure that all transport movement is logged and analysed.
- To produce weekly and monthly reports on ways for improvement to current processes.
- To assist the logistics manager.
- To ensure that all delivery/collection notes are passed to drivers and outside transport is in a timely manner.
- Assist with bookings of all deployments and collections internally and externally
- Negotiate cost with outside suppliers for all deployments and collections.
- Route planning of Deployments/Collection in accordance to delivery rules and regulations.
- Liaise and communicate effectively with all levels of staff.
- Competent on Microsoft Excel
- GCSE in Maths & English.
- Confidence with IT and Computer Packages.
- Proven logistics experience
- Administration experience
- Excellent organisation skills
- Good communication skills, written and verbal.
- An ability to work efficiently under pressure
- Ability to understand and implement written and verbal instruction.
We are looking for someone who is self-motivated and works well both independently and as part of a team. Somebody who can ensure work gets completed in an effective and timely manner. Someone who can follow company policies and procedures.