Our client is a Top 200 law firm seeking to recruit a Legal Secretary for their Leeds office. The main purpose of this role is to provide an excellent standard of secretarial support to a team of fee earners across the practice area in Leeds. You will also be required to provide support to other practice groups as and when required.
- Pro-actively manage diaries and diarise actions for fee earners to follow up (e.g. billing, debt collection, action points from cluster plans such as CRM and BD)
- Effective prioritisation of tasks whilst managing a full workload
- Liaise and build relationships as appropriate with clients and their support staff
- Book client and internal meetings
- Prepare correspondence and documents from digital dictation
- Answer and make telephone calls
- Manage the case management system
- Prepare document bundles for fee earners
- Open and close files
- Set up new clients on the finance system
- File, archive, photocopy, scan documents as and when required
- Ensure that client contact information is kept up to date
- Assist with the booking of travel arrangements
- Liaise with counsel and other legal representatives
- Pro-actively assist with ad-hoc business development and communications activities e.g. client contact reports, delegate packs etc.
- Maintain a level of individual knowledge required for the role
- Assist with incoming billing, cash collection and accounts queries
- Effectively work with fee earners and secretarial team members
- Help maintain a clean office and clear desk
- Handle confidential information in line with the firm’s data security protocols
- Minute internal meetings
- An excellent eye for detail with a concern for quality and accuracy
- A focused client service approach is essential, interacting with clients in a professional manner at all times
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Team oriented and collaborative with a flexible, can do attitude
- Excellent all-round communication skills and the ability to engage effectively with different audiences at all levels
- Ability to present key messages confidently
- Demonstrable ability to multi-task and prioritise a full workload under pressure and the ability to work independently
- Must have good IT skills, particularly in Microsoft packages
Our Public Law and Health Projects team are a market leading team delivering pragmatic client focussed solutions. We are a team of approximately 30, working across our national network of offices. This recruitment is predominantly to support the northern team members and is based in our Leeds office. The northern team consists of 2 Partner/Legal Directors, 3 Senior Associates, 3 Associate/Solicitors, 1 Paralegal and 1 secretary.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"