Job Title: Legal Secretary
Location: New Milton
We have an exciting new opportunity that will ideally suit an experienced Legal Secretary or someone to grow into the role as a succession plan.
Key duties will include:
- This role is supporting 2 Fee earners
- Ordering Land Charges searches and Bankruptcy searches.
- Updating, chasing and making enquiries with other Solicitors, Estate Agents and other third parties
- Ordering redemption statements from lenders.
- Dealing with Land Registry registrations.
- Drafting exchange and completion letters and bills and sending out the Deeds on sale files.
- Drafting Transfers, Replies to Requisitions and preparing completion statements and dealing with apportionments when required
- Advising clients as to completion of their matter
- Arranging release of keys and obtaining access for clients.
- Preparing appropriate forms for incoming monies and disbursements
- Liaising with and updating clients and third parties when required
- Assisting fee earners in dealing with pre-contract enquiries from buyers' solicitors
- Providing holiday and sickness cover for other support staff within the Company upon request.
- Billing clients and credit control
- Preparing contract packages
- Dealing with and fielding telephone enquiries
- Opening files and dealing with client care/identity verification
- General office duties which include photocopying, sending and receiving faxes and processing post
- Data Protection - Ensuring all documents of a sensitive nature are stored correctly including clients files, ID, Financial Information, correspondence etc.
- The ideal candidate for this role will possess previous experience of working in a conveyancing department.
- You will be comfortable liaising with fee earners, colleagues and clients whilst communicating concisely both verbally and in writing.
- You should be able to take instructions and deal with clients in a manner which is both professional and empathetic.
- You will have a positive attitude, able to work to tight deadlines and deal with a high work volume with good attention to detail and strong IT skills.
It is important that you include a covering letter with your CV, detailing why you feel you are suitable for this position and highlighting all relevant experience.
We receive a high number of applications on a daily basis so we can only respond to successful applications. If you do not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has not been taken forward on this occasion. We may contact you in the future about other suitable positions.
Our full equal opportunities policy can be viewed here: http://equal-opportunities/
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job