Are you an experienced Legal Secretary looking for a new challenge?
Alexander Lee Recruitment have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Litigation Legal Secretary to join a busy Kent firm. The firm’s areas of expertise include commercial litigation, company commercial, commercial property, residential property and probate. The firm provides a pragmatic and tailored legal service to a range of clients including high net worth individuals, banks, charities, and businesses of all sizes.
Working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment you will be treated like a real, valued member of the team. You will love every day that you go to work, and be rewarded for the hard work you put in. This is a firm that believes in fair play, camaraderie, and that you should reap the rewards of your work.
This is a great opportunity to maximise your potential which will offer a springboard for career progression as they continue to grow.
The purpose of this role is to provide vital legal secretarial support to the litigation legal team.
Main duties and requirements:
- Providing secretarial support to the fee earners, including preparing correspondence and documents. Confidently working through your work load using your own initiative.
- Administering both manual and electronic filing daily.
- Opening, maintaining and closing files at both Client and Matter level.
- Closing, storing and retrieving client files.
- Preparing mail and enclosures for dispatch.
- Making appointments and arranging meetings; including liaising with reception staff to organise facilities such as rooms and refreshments,and maintaining an up-to-date diary for the partners.
- Undertaking any specific training when required by the Firm and to have overall responsibility towards self-development.
- Ensuring the confidentiality of all the Firm's and the Firm's client's information and documentation.
Preferred skills and experience
- Experience of working in a legal environment along with relevant departmental experience is desirable.
- Excellent English grammar/spelling; familiarity with legal terminology and numerical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including experience in dealing with a range of clients via telephone and face-to-face.
- Ability to organise and prioritise your workload to the required standard and within the required timescales.