Legal Advisor Part Time
Are you an experienced Paralegal or Legal Advisor with experience in Housing or property?
It's a really exciting time to join us as Sovereign have joined forces with Network Homes to form SNG (Sovereign Network Group). Together we provide over 84,000 homes and invest in communities across London and the South of England – our purpose being to provide quality affordable homes and places that people love for generations.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Legal Advisor to join our In-House Legal Team on a part time basis working 30 hours per week. You'll be based from our office in Basingstoke with the flexibility to combine some remote working to ensure a positive work life balance.
What you'll be doing
You'll provide high quality and result orientated legal advice to individuals and departments across the business, ensuring the legal team provides excellent customer focused legal services to all its customers and clients.
As a key member of our team, you'll be responsible for your own caseload of legal cases, as well as providing project and administrative support to the wider legal team. Your work will be varied and will include:
- Legal analysis of boundary enquiries, including the mapping of boundary responsibility
- Dealing with general property matters including land ownership, trees, alterations to properties, wayleaves and title and lease interpretation relating to maintenance
- Drafting of property and maintenance licences/leases
- Assistance with construction matters including building and fire safety, S106 and some commercial property matters
- Assisting the organisation with general instructions and liaison with external panel solicitors
- Assisting the Senior members of the team on legal cases and ad hoc tasks
What we need from you
To be successful in this busy role you'll need to have previous experience working within a legal firm or other in-house environment as a paralegal or legal advisor. Ideally, you'll have experience from within housing or local authority but it's not essential if you have experience in general property work. You'll also need:
- A high attention to detail with the ability to work flexibly to deliver our service
- A logical and organised approach to your workload, skilled in problem solving and able to provide practical and lawful solutions in a variety of practice areas
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with good legal drafting skills
- Strong IT skills, including experience using Outlook, MS Word and MS Teams
- Ideally, you will have a qualification in property law, be currently studying or hold an equivalent level of knowledge gained from employment
What you'll receive from us
We have some fantastic benefits at SNG, including:
- £450 flex-pot annually, discounted shopping & cycling scheme
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays (with an extra day every year up to 30 days)
- Company pension scheme matched up to 12%, life cover at 4x your salary
- Flexible working - we're committed to giving people flexibility as widely as possible
- Private medical insurance, dental insurance & critical illness cover
- Wide range of training courses available to support your career development
We are committed to our Equality Diversity and Inclusion strategy and believe that you can truly be yourself at SNG. Take a look at our careers site to learn more about us and our values.
This is a great opportunity to join the team as we progress through an exciting period of change at SNG. We pride ourselves on having a relaxed, supportive and forward-thinking culture, working collaboratively to achieve success.
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'