Tired of your current job role, looking for a new challenge?
"Partners in Support" is a dynamic not-for-profit organisation supporting people with learning disabilities and Autism to lead the life that they choose. We support individuals to lead the lives that they choose and support people to live as independently as possible within their own homes and their chosen communities.
Partners in Support is not aiming to be a large organisation or work across the country, it only aspires to offer the best possible support to those people we work with within Hertfordshire.
We are recruiting for a Lead Support Worker for two young men in Welwyn Garden City. The role will include assisting the staff to deliver excellent person centred support via supervisions, positive role modelling, team meetings, observations and their own consistent 1:1 support of the two men.
The role will be working as part of a team supporting all aspects of their lives and helping them safely continue to develop their independence.
As Lead Support worker you assist the Locality Manager by working on shift providing good day to day support of the staff team. The role will include assisting the staff to deliver excellent person centred support via supervisions, positive role modelling, team meetings, observations and their own consistent 1:1 support.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate the following personal qualities and skills:
- Drive and passion to want to work with others to support him to have a great life
- Ability to motivate and foster good relationships amongst the staff team
- Effective communication skills and to be able to get on with a wide range of people
- To be able to undertake some administrative tasks in a timely and organised manner
- The ability to be consistent and follow agreements, the support plan and policy at all times
- The ability to identify risks and communicate concerns appropriately
- Able to work flexibly, including weekends, evenings and sleep-ins
- Able to participate in the 1st Level on-call system over set weekends
- Driver preferable
Minimum of 1 years’ experience of providing person centred support to people with learning disabilities and/or Autism.
We can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Paid annual leave
- Paid birthday day off
- Full Induction
- Bespoke training and regular training updates
- Guaranteed hours
- Paid for DBS check
- A friendly, supportive working environment
To apply please click below or to find out more please visit www.partnersinsupport.org.uk
- Flexible Approach
- Learning Disabilities
- Support Workers
- Person Centred Support