Sanctuary Maintenance provides a wide range of property maintenance and facilities management solutions for thousands of customers nationwide. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives.
Landscape Technician – Level 1
Fenton Industrial Estate, Stoke-on-Trent
£17,013 per annum (rising to £17,908 after 12 months service subject to satisfactory performance) – subject to April pay review
40 hour per week
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Maintenance provides in-house repairs and maintenance services for an extensive portfolio of properties across Sanctuary Group’s organisations. As part of a not-for-profit organisation, we aim to achieve outstanding results for our customers based on our values - working in an open and transparent way, creating strong partnerships with our customers and providing a first-class customer service.
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Landscape Technician within the Estate Service team based from Stoke on Trent. This division is responsible for delivering efficient estate maintenance and property repair services throughout the UK, with a particular interest in grounds maintenance.
The role of Landscape Technician will include:
- Undertaking grounds maintenance duties such as grass and hedge trimming as well as cultivating flower beds
- Soft landscaping Including Planting, Laying Turf & slabs, erecting fences and general maintenance of shrub and hard standing areas
- Ensuring gardening tools and equipment such as hedge trimmers, strimmers and all hand tools are maintained in good, workable condition and are operated within a safe manner
- Providing accurate and timely information on the progress of working tasks
- Complying with health and safety requirements, also in line with supplier guidelines and assessments
Skills and experiences:
- Recent experience of working within a similar role e.g. ground maintenance
- Proven experience operating gardening machinery is essential
- Holding a pesticide application certificate PA1 – PA6 or equivalent would be desirable
- An enthusiastic, well organised team player with good interpersonal skills
- Travel will be a requirement of the role; therefore a full, current driving licence is essential
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary, up to set limits
- At least 24 days paid holiday plus public holidays
- Health and well-being plans, including voluntary critical illness scheme
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings for you to save including; buying a new bike to cycle to work or a range of childcare services including after school clubs and summer camps
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
To view the job profile, please click here
Closing Date: 21 March 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
A basic Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Maintenance Contractors Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.