Laboratory Section Supervisor - FTC until March 2022
We are currently recruiting for Section Supervisors for our client based in Milton Keynes, one of the largest COVID-19 labs in the UK.
Immediate Start - Fixed Term Contract until 31st March 2022 (could be extended beyond this date)
Working Hours: Rotational Day shift (8am-8pm) and Night shift (8pm-8am), including week days and weekends (average 40.25 hours per week)
The post holder will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of a section associated with the Covid-19 daily testing of samples. Reporting to the Section Manager they assume responsibility for managing and training Laboratory Operators. Working closely with the Section Manager, and other Section Supervisors, the post holder will manage and continue to develop the SARS-CoV-2 RNA testing processes, to ensure work in the laboratory is undertaken safely, efficiently and to the quality standards required of ISO15189:2012 laboratory accreditation. This will require the post holder to help the Section Manager create and review technical documents/SOPs in line with the above accreditation using the laboratory QMS. You will be required to assist with troubleshooting and helping to ensure the validity and quality of results to the highest standards. The role will suit an enthusiastic individual, who is a proven team player with experience in molecular biology methods and people management. The post holder will be responsible for liaising with the Section Manager to regularly review the training processes and maintain competencies. This role will also require you to line manage a team of staff to aid development and progression.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible to manage the Lab Operators in their section
- Working with the Section Manager to train new staff and maintain training records and competencies
- Assist the Section Manager with troubleshooting any technical issues within the section
- Monitoring process changes and managing communication with Section Manager
- Assisting in performing validations of reagents
- Assist Section Manager to create and review SOPs
- Ensure all Health & Safety procedures are followed correctly
- Support the Section Manager and deputise if required
- BSc Honours degree in a biological science
- Experience of maintaining documents and procedures within laboratory accreditation specifications (ISO15189:2012/ISO17025:2019)
- Knowledge and experience of Health & Safety regulations
- Exceptional organisational, communication and team-working skills
- Experience of training and supervision of staff in a laboratory setting
- Positive attitude with proven problem-solving skills
- Willingness to participate in 24/7 shift working as required
- Be able to commit to the role for a period up until 31st March 2022
- Experience of using and troubleshooting PCR methods
- Experience of using liquid handling robots (e.g. TECAN liquid handling systems)
- Experience of viral RNA testing using real-time (RT) PCR methodology or end-point PCR
- Experience of line managing people
- Excellent timekeeping
Please apply ASAP with your CV to be considered
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'