A leading UK law firm with a network of offices from the South Coast to Scotland, working together as one national team. An innovative practice and the first top 100 law firm to achieve "Gold Standard" Investors in People, our values and culture are not just words on our website but are the heartbeat of the firm. The lack of barriers between departments, a real lack of hierarchy, zero tolerance for arrogance and pomposity makes Shoosmiths a fantastic place to work.The team
Our Recoveries Services Group provides a complete range of debt recovery services utilising cutting edge technology and with specialists dealing with different debt types, all operating under a centralised management structure allowing us to deliver consistently excellent service. Our structure ensures we can provide a full range of volume recoveries and litigation options, whilst ensuring that we have the expertise and experience to deal with complex and technical issues arising from volume recoveries.
Our Unsecured Litigation Team act for a number of banks, building societies, other consumer finance lenders and debt purchasers, dealing with unsecured lending products including loans, credit cards, overdrafts and guarantees, together with advising on unenforceability and PPI mis-selling claims. We also have the expertise and experience to deal with disputed and complex claims, with our defended teams sitting alongside our recoveries teams and able to provide immediate advice, often preventing the escalation of a matter to a full blown defence. Our team is based at the Lakes and consists of a pre-issue and negotiation team, 3 undefended litigation teams and a team dealing with defended and non standard matters. These teams are supported by a customer care team (managing receipt of 1000s of payments per month), an administration team and an audit/training function providing our first line of defence for compliance/regulatory purposes.The role
The successful candidate will work with a prestigious team that achieved Tier 1 rankings in the Legal 500, with clients consistently praising the team's 'top service levels'.
Your role will act on behalf of leading financial services organisations, providing a quality and comprehensive recoveries service with a client and customer service focus. You will undergo full training to deal with financial services litigation cases and utilise commercial strategies to reach a conclusion. Following your training and development, you will be given the opportunity to be accountable for your own caseload.Main responsibilities
As a Trainee Case Handler, you will control and manage your workload effectively and efficiently using the relevant case management systems and other processes, ensuring information is kept accurate and up-to-date. Furthermore, you’ll be accountable for your workload ensuring targets, KPIs and internal and client SLAs are met.
Throughout your initial few months, you will attend training sessions to develop your knowledge of the litigation and debt recovery process that impact the team’s delivery of its service, which will better equip you to identify any potential issues within cases and refer these on accordingly. In addition, you will attend both internal and external meetings to assist in implementing changes to any relevant procedures.Skills and qualifications
The ideal candidate will have a track record in a customer service positions. Moreover, you would have preferably worked in an office environment dealing with a high volume of work and have excellent mediation and negotiation skills. You would ideally have had experience working in a law firm, financial services or professional services organisation. Previous litigation experience would be beneficial, but not essential as training will be provided.
Essential knowledge & competencies:
- Excellent customer service expertise
- Strong negotiation and mediation abilities
- Good written, numeracy and oral communication skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- IT literate including sound knowledge of Word, Excel and the internet.
- Ability to prioritise, be organised and efficient.
- Flexibility with the capability to adapt to change, new practices and cope under pressure but with the ability to recognise when to seek assistance.
- Able to integrate within a team and able to work on your own initiative.
Desirable knowledge and competencies:
- Legal qualification (LLB, LPC, CILEX, etc.)
- Have worked within a law firm, financial services or another professional services organisation
You may also have experience in the following: Litigation Paralegal, Negotiation, Collections Advisor, Debt Recovery, Recoveries Services, Customer Service, Negotiator, and Conflict Resolution.
Shoosmiths has an outstanding benefits package; we believe that all staff should be rewarded for their commitment to the continued success of the firm. These can include:
- A pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 5.5%
- Generous life assurance cover for peace of mind, up to 8 times salary
- Up to 23 paid working days holiday per annum with the option to buy up to 8 additional days. You can choose to 'flex' twice a year - January and July
- 'Happy Birthday!' - have a free day off to celebrate and a £50 voucher to spend! (We won't take it from your annual entitlement)
- Childcare vouchers which are not subject to tax or NI
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Staff introduction bonus scheme
- Corporate discounts on a wide variety of products and services
- Discounted conveyancing and legal advice, for instance for wills and family trusts
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'