Junior/Assistant Materials Buyer
Linsco are currently searching for an experienced Buyer, for our client a highly successful family-run construction and building services contractor that has experienced steady growth and has established themselves as a leading name in the construction market. The company do a variety of projects including Refurb, Industrial, Commercial, Leisure, Housing and New Build.
- Support the procurement and implementation of group sourcing arrangements.
- Support the Lead Buyers as required with regards to efficient and effective plant and material purchasing function for the group
- Actively contribute to enhancing group profits;
- Support the strategic procurement of group sourcing arrangements;
- Category Management - Support the Lead Buyer (Categories) in providing ongoing management of (in conjunction with the Lead Buying Team) on behalf of group for all strategic sourcing arrangements;
- Champion the implementation of strategic sourcing arrangements across group. Track and report material and plant fluctuations.
- Provide pre-tender commercial input to ensure accurate net cost estimates and competitive advantage;
- Attendance and participation in Design Team Meetings to influence and steer specifications towards most commercially advantageous solutions;
- Maintain and publish regular and accurate management reporting demonstrating the effectiveness of the central purchasing function and contribution to the group profit improvement / efficiency plan;
- Drive the development of improved purchasing processes and procedures;
- Participate and contribute to regular group purchasing meetings and forums to communicate developments, share good practice and up skill our people.
- Participate in establishing the group as the industry leader in Supply Chain Management.
To be successful in the role you will possess the following skills and attributes:
- A proven track record of being able to negotiate and broker competitive prices with suppliers, control costs
- Be able to work autonomously with efficient time management
- Excellent communications and problem solving skills
- Good computer literacy, including Word and Excel together
- Good negotiation skills
For further details please contact Kallam Dunn at Linsco.Linsco is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job