Live Date: 2nd February 2018
The Project Manager role is to deliver project deliverables by actively managing risks and delivering to specified timescales, budget and quality, to achieve the benefits defined within the business case.
Projects allocated are from business wide programmes of change within our clients UK Strategic Portfolio.
The Project Manager acts on behalf of the Project Steering Group and has the authority to run the project on a day-to-day basis, within the constraints and tolerances laid down by the Group and Programme Management Office (PMO).
- Follow the clients Project Management Methodology and use standard project templates to produce various key project management documents, providing feedback to improve templates
- Provide delivery options other than SDLC/Waterfall such as Agile, SCRUM and Kanban delivery methodology
- Be able to work closely with steering groups to remove organisational impediments
- Encourage IT transformation programmes and communicates the impact of emerging technologies and advises upon potential introduction of such technology
- Produce a project plan and maintain it by monitoring project or work stream activities to the plan, taking corrective actions if necessary where the overall project is unlikely to deliver its agreed outcome and results to achieve its benefits
- Notify Project Sponsor, Project Steering Group and PMO of any deviations (outside of tolerances) to the plan and identify and take corrective actions
- Man manage the project teams or work streams on a day to day basis to ensure required products are produced and delivered as specified/defined via the work packages or work assigned to ensure specific project deliverables are delivered as agreed
- Liaise with and hold checkpoint meetings with project / work stream team plus clients, partners, third parties and stakeholders, ensuring an effective and professional customer/provider relationship is established and maintained
- Manage changes to scope, quality, plan and costs as agreed and ensure configuration management processes are adhered to
- Conduct risk assessments at key points within the project lifecycle (at a minimum during the initiation stage and prior to implementation stage starting up
- Prepare status reports, specialist reports and exception reports as necessary
- Manage inter-dependencies and interfaces between the various work streams of the project
- Responsible for adhering to Programme and Project Office governance as directed and defined by the client.
Skills and Qualities
- Must be qualified at PRINCE2 Project Management Methodology - (practitioner level)
- SME experience in UK payments, personal finance, regulatory projects and data migration in big banks.
- Strong Leadership skills
- Delivery focused / results driven
- Effective risk assessment and management
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Proven budget control and cost management
- Effective problem solving skills
- Proven experience of managing multiple, complex, large-scale programmes and projects at any one time
- KYC experience required.
- 25 days annual leave + 8 B/H
- Company Car allowance
- Medical Cover
- 4 x Life Assurance
- Performance related bonus
Closing date 4th March 2018
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job