IT Infrastructure Architect
Our client is a company formed by UK based and international cancer and healthcare specialists, with a world-renowned Board demonstrating global experience in the field of oncology and life sciences.
With a clear vision and available capital to build and operate state of the art Proton Therapy Cancer Centres in national and international markets, our client has partnered with class-leading providers, such as Philips and IBA, which will equip all the new centres to the highest specifications. Building upon the UK’s reputation for clinical excellence and through academic affiliations, the Proton Beam Therapy centres will become hubs of excellence for advanced cancer treatment.
Cancer care in the UK will soon be transformed with the provision of Proton Beam Therapy treatment.
Patients will be able to take advantage of highly specialised treatment at the first Proton Beam centres to be built in the UK - in Wales, Northumberland, Liverpool and Reading.
Our client has started the process to build the treatment centres to address the growing global demand for innovative cancer care.
In addition to High Energy Proton Beam Therapy, all of the centres will also offer a comprehensive cancer service offering diagnostics, chemotherapy and radiation therapy and will treat NHS patients, private patients under medical insurance and self-pay patients.
The Infrastructure Architects role is to design and implement information systems to support the enterprise infrastructure, to ensure that all systems are working at optimal levels and support the development of new technologies and system requirements.
Main duties and responsibilities
To accomplish their core duty of designing and implementing complex computer systems, the Infrastructure Architects are responsible for many tasks.
- Analyse System Requirements
- The Infrastructure Architect analyses existing systems to ensure they are effectively meeting the needs of the organization. To coordinate with all areas of the organization to see that the system is working as optimally as it should. They also analyse business requirements to identify where they can integrate new hardware, operating systems, or connectivity solutions.
- Recommend Alternative Technologies and Improvements
- Based on your knowledge of IT and analysis of the systems’ needs, the Infrastructure Architect role should recommend alternative technologies or improvements to enhance information systems to support organizational goals. These recommendations are presented clearly and understandably to senior management.
- The Infrastructure Architect will build POC and research new technologies to meet business requirements.
- Lead Design and Review of New Systems
- The Infrastructure Architect leads the design and review processes for new systems. They develop and document the proposed technical design for the integration and implementation of any new software or hardware working across the IT department.
- Provide Technical Design & Engineering oversight to Programmes, Projects and IT operations.
- Plan for Integration
- The Infrastructure Architect must create detailed plans for the integration of new systems architecture into existing infrastructure. This includes logistical plans for the Operations areas to actually conduct the physical integrations, during which the Infrastructure Architect provides technical direction and support.
- Evaluate Projects
- After a new system has been integrated, the Infrastructure Architect participates in evaluating the success of the project, identifying best practices and lessons learned. They provide feedback to leadership and incorporate this information into future integration plans.
Place of Work
Your normal place of work will be home. You will be required to travel in the course of your duties to attend meetings and other appointments. Travel and reasonable expenses will be paid in line with the Company’s Expenses Policy.
Person Specification - Essential Requirements
A strong leader and communicator, a successful Infrastructure Architect is good at solving problems and thinking creatively. In addition to these general skills and personality traits, employers are seeking Infrastructure Architect candidates with the following skills.
Qualifications and Registration
- Technical Knowledge of IT infrastructure environments and components used:
o SAN Technologies
o Virtualisation Technologies
o Server Infrastructure
o Networking Technologies [to work with Network and Security Architect]
Experience and Competencies
- Experience with enterprise technologies and design including:
- Core Infrastructure technologies:
- Microsoft technologies, including Windows Server, Active Directory etc.
- Virtualisation (VMware and others)
- Enterprise Storage solutions (SAN, NAS, FC)
- IBM/Lenovo hardware or similar
- Backup & replication systems
- DR solutions
- Database technologies, (MS SQL, Oracle etc.)
- Experience with web technologies and building enterprise architecture roadmaps
- Experience designing, integrating and managing complex infrastructure solutions
- Knowledge of client-server networking and database management
- Ability to provide technical system solutions, determine overall design direction and provide hardware recommendations for complex technical issues
- Experience planning and devel
- Disaster Recovery
- Windows Server
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'