This job has ended. Find similar jobs.
The IT Assets Coordinator will be working as part of the Technical Services Team and will be responsible for the asset management of the IT infrastructure (hardware and software) that supports my clients business critical systems in production, test and QA configurations.
The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in the Desktop Refresh project in terms of:
o Distribution & tracking of end user communications (regarding software required on device, timescales, handover process, return of old kit etc)
o Co-ordinating roll-out of new kit with TET
o Updating asset database in line with roll-out
o Produce weekly KPIs on project process
o Ensuring returned kit is refurbished/disposed of correctly
o Track project stock levels
The IT Assets Coordinator will have ownership and responsibility for the central IT asset repository. This will include:
o Data maintenance & cleansing – ensuring details of new, replaced, retired equipment are reflected in the asset database
Other area of responsibility will be:
• Asset usage tracking – development of process to identify which desktop devices (ie laptops and PCs) have not been seen on the network for a given period of time. Follow-up each month on this report to determine whereabouts of asset and escalating issues as found
• Maintain & monitor overall picture of licencing position for major software vendors
Undertake software metering to understand where software is being used and/or where licences could be harvested
• Maintain & monitor overall picture of hardware maintenance position for all hardware assets under IT control
• Continuous process improvement – identifying where processes could be made more efficient/automated, and developing these processes through to implementation. This will involve working closely with third party vendors, and amalgamating & standardising multiple data inputs and formats.
• Create and maintain inventories of remote site comms cabs/rooms by site. This to include details of hardware, software products/versions, and equipment maintenance cover
• Produce roadmaps of hardware and system software currency & make recommendations for timing/dependencies of upgrades
Qualifications and Experience for the IT Assets Coordinator :
• Experience in infrastructure and/or service delivery
• At least rudimentary experience of asset management
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Experience of data management & manipulation
• Experience of engaging and working with third parties
• Excellent stakeholder management skills
• Working knowledge and experience of Microsoft SCCM would be advantageous.
• Experience of Microsoft Volume licensing & Software Assurance, and VMWare Capacity Planner would be advantageous
• Basic knowledge and understanding of system architecture
• Experience of process development and operation
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and experience of producing reports for senior management
• Knowledge of service delivery and service support disciplines as documented in ITIL
If this sounds of genuine interest and you're comfortable with the requirements please contact Andrew Kibble on and click apply.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job