Shared Services Connected Ltd was established as a joint venture between the Cabinet Office and Sopra Steria, in 2013 as part of the Government’s Shared Services Strategy for Smarter Government programme and operates from four regional centres of excellence: Blackpool; Newcastle; Newport; and York. We deliver best in class business transformation programmes to across the Public Sector with a target to release one billion pounds of savings to the public.
We have established an enviable track record in the design and delivery of large-scale innovative HR, Payroll, IT, and Finance & Accounting solutions to significantly improve efficiencies and enhance service levels across Government and Public Sector.
Our clients include a number of government agencies including the Department for Work and Pensions, Environment Agency Department for Education, Ministry of Justice and Home Office as well as the Metropolitan Police Service and the Construction Industry Training Board.
The Day job
Do you work in Communications? Are you creative and enjoy coming up with innovative ways to engage with people?
We are looking for an experienced internal communications consultant with strong written, interpersonal and creative skills.
You will play a key role in the planning, structure and schedule of communications and engagement activities to ensure a regular flow of compelling stories.
You will be responsible for the day to day running of internal communications and engagement across the organisation in a fast paced environment.
As well as ensuring all the communications channels function properly and information is sent accurately and on time, you will help to ensure each communication is relevant for its audience so our people have the information they need, delivered in the way they need it.
- You will be responsible for a suite of internal communications channels, including our weekly round-up, people intranet and others ensuring content is timely, accurate and appropriate.
- Project manage and co-ordinate all aspects of employee and leadership briefing events – virtually or onsite (when allowed)
- Develop and execute campaigns with the wider marketing team ensuring integrated messages and activities for internal and external audiences.
- Review communications channels using analytics and feedback methods to evaluate effectiveness, introducing new ways to communicate where appropriate.
- Support the internal communications and engagement strategy and be able to work autonomously to drive its implementation.
- You Must have mid-level internal communications and engagement experience with a confident proactive approach; able to demonstrate a strong track record in a multi-site, large complex organisation.
You need to have:
- You will be an experienced internal communications professional with a strong background in a multi-site, business to business environment.
- Qualified to degree level, preferable in a communications or English literature subject
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including copywriting, speech/script and presentation writing and online content.
- Be able to confidently engage with internal stakeholders to quickly gain an in-depth understanding of our business, its strategy and direction.
- Operate as a strategic thinker, but be able to roll your sleeves up and complete the day-to
day communications and engagement tasks of the organisation.
It would be great if you had:
- Experience of SharePoint
- Experience of Poppulo or other internal communications platforms
If you are interested in this role but not sure if your skills and experience are exactly what we’re looking for, please do apply, we’d love to hear from you!
Fixed term contract 12 months
Location Newcastle or York or Blackpool or Newport
Security Clearance Level SC Clearance
Internal Recruiter Lauren
Benefits25 days annual leave with the option to buy additional days, life assurance, pension, and generous flexible benefits fund
Although this role is advertised as full-time, we support different ways of working and can offer a range of flexible working arrangements. So, if you’re interested and need to work flexibly, we encourage you to apply and talk to us about what might be possible.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'