Prestigious UK Listed company is seeking an Interim Company Secretary. Expert advice and strategic support.
Your new company
A UK Listed company in the West Midlands region is seeking an Interim Company Secretary. You will work primarily with the listed FTSE 250 company, but also get involved with controlled subsidiaries and joint ventures.
Your new role
The project is expected to last approximately 6-9 month an throughout this period you will should successfully deliver the following outcomes:
- Develop and implement an enhanced operating model for a strategic and operationally sustainable company secretarial and governance function.
- Identify efficiency improvements within the current function
- Develop and implement new procedures, processes, policies as appropriate for a UK Listed company
- Develop and coach the Company Secretarial team
- Deliver on all operational company secretarial responsibilities
- organise and prepare agendas and papers for board meetings, committees and annual general meetings (AGMs)
- take minutes, draft resolutions, and lodge required forms and annual returns with Companies House
- follow up on actions from meetings
- Support the preparation and delivery of the annual report and AGM
What you'll need to succeed
You are required to have a detailed knowledge of law and practice applicable to company secretarial responsibilities of a listed company in the UK (preferably FTSE 100 or bigger).You will have significant strategic and operational experience at senior level in a UK listed company secretariat. You will have excellent leadership qualities and team working skills. You ideally will have 8-15 years previous proven experience in a similar role.
What you'll get in return
A fantastic interim opportunity, to work for a growing UK Listed company.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.