telent Installation Engineer, Field based, Midlands
Every time you pick up the phone, surf the Internet, travel on a motorway, catch a train, bus or tube, or even dial 999; chances are telent have enabled the technology to make this happen.
We'd be delighted to hear from you if you have the following experience:
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to act under pressure and provide good customer satisfaction.
* Previous installation role in a traffic signals environment
* Traffic Signal Installation knowledge and experience on a range of controllers and signal types
* Full driving license.
* Basic IT skills.
* Health & Safety Awareness including Risk Assessment training.
* Manual Handling Training.
* Basic First Aid Training to Sector 8 standard.
* Operating from the Walsall service centre and reporting to the Installation Manager.
* The role will involve Traffic Signal Installation from cabling to working at heights installing signal heads.
* Must be able to conduct yourself in a professional manner keeping good time and being smart in appearance.
* Be able to work alongside colleagues and being able to work on own initiative.
* Carry out work following Company Method Statements and Risk Assessment's.
* Will report all accidents/incidents to Line Manager via telSAFE.
* Shall inform Line Manager of Health & Safety issues identified.
* Carry out installation of Traffic and associated signal equipment.
* Carry out testing of signal equipment.
* Install cables and joints.
* Wire cables at top caps and controllers to an agreed specification.
* Carry out on site risk assessments and follow method statements.
* Attend Team brief / Toolbox talks as required.
* Ensure test equipment, PPE and Vehicle are all compliant with up to date certification as required.
* Ability to work in a team and on their own.
* Positive and flexible attitude.
* Good communication skills with customers and colleagues.
* Hands on approach.
* Ability for self-learning.
Excellent employee benefits:
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
* 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
* Company pension scheme
* A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
* An employee-funded car leasing scheme
* Occupational health support
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job