We have a fantastic opportunity for an Import/ Transhipment Manager to join a highly respected shipping company on a permanent staff basis in Southampton. Our client provides global shipping logistical solutions for, heavy equipment and machinery, large high value goods and specialised cargo. Due to an increasing workload they are seeking an Import/Transhipment Manager to lead the team.
This role with have a range of tasks and responsibilities including:
- Optimise the Import and Transhipment team based on the resources available.
- Set performance targets and ensure they are met in the most cost efficient way.
- Collaborating with a variety of departments, including Trade Teams, Pricing, Operations and Account Management/ Sales.
- Drive standardisation and simplification in the import and transhipment processes.
- Ensure system solutions and internal processes are working correctly and to the customer's satisfaction.
- Allocate resources to ensure all team members are given sufficient support and training on processes.
- Ensure the company complies with customs reporting and regulations.
Skills, experience and attributes:
- Minimum 5 years shipping or logistics experience.
- Proven expertise on customs compliance.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to motivate, coach, mentor and inspire a team.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to deal with complex issues.
- Ability to understand customer shipping and logistical requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with accuracy and a high attention to detail
- Capability to work under pressure and to strict timelines
- Ability to work flexibly to meet changing priorities and business needs
Our client offer a competitive salary with a number of benefits including private healthcare discounted gym membership.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK without visa restrictions.
For more information, please contact Rebecca Hadaway on or email Rebecca.Hadaway @ blueprintrecruit.com and quote 14093. Alternatively, you can apply directly by clicking the 'Apply' link and following the instructions.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job