A Global FMCG and retail business, is looking to hire an experienced Human Resources Business Partner, to support the Sales Managers and their teams, at its stunning new UK HQ in West London. This company has an outstanding product range and global reach in its market and is a true success story.
This is an amazing opportunity for a dynamic generalist HRBP, with a track record in supporting sales teams and taking pride as they are helped to achieve their objectives and results. This is a new role and is required due to the rapid growth of the company and the London based operation.
A generous salary circa £50,000pa plus benefits awaits a resourceful, resilient and talented HR professional.
Covering all activity in the following key result areas (KRAs) when supporting the EMEA and Operation Sales teams including telesales and Brand sales support teams numbering up to 34 heads.
- Organisation Design
- Recruitment (internal and external resourcing)
- Talent Management
- Employee Relations
- Reward (Payroll, Benefits, incentives)
- Corporate Social Responsibility
Learning and Development (training) will be an integrated way to achieve results in all the KRAs.
- Org charts and role definition for Sales roles. To include KRAs (Key Results Areas) and key performance indicators. Create balanced teams (Skills, Experience, Qualifications and personality).
- Restructure and redundancy consultations as required.
- Quarterly HR review to cover structure and role design with attention drawn to risk roles, reliance roles and stagnant roles.
- Driving the Sales Managers to work together to allocate accounts to the new Direct Sales team and between each other. Formalise the outcomes of this process. Maintain a quarterly review of accounts with the DSM and 'Heads of' to ensure that the structure of the team continues to meet the needs of the business (current and growth).
- Posting adverts on Job boards, handling agency relationships and managing candidate flow and feedback. Actively targeting recruits via recommend a friend, LinkedIn and utilising social media for suitable roles.
- Conducting interviews and assessments. Devising and recording assessment centre activity (design reusable assessment tools).
- Manage input and updates of applicant tracking system once it's in place. Analyse recruitment data related to sales teams and make recommendations that improve the speed, quality and price of candidate placement.
- Manage the process of offer letters and contracts and starter form collation for payroll.
- Manage the process of international hire contract translation, data collation, signatories and data management requirements for any EMEA Sales roles. Develop an understanding of reward and customary practice in these locations to make recommendations on all areas of HR.
Training / Learning and Development (Talent Management)
- Design the Induction and an On-boarding training plan for all new Sales recruits. Pre-start, first week, first month, first quarter.
- Build competence of Sales Managers to manage their direct reports over time. This includes interview skills, poor performance management and a structured approach to training and development to be skills before they are needed.
- Create and design training workshops with the Sales Team leaders for each of the sales team to benefit from. Make explicit the stages of a sale (inc: following up leads / active listening skills / collaborative phrasing / closing etc) to support new team members and to improve the existing team's Sales success.
- Design career path planners for each role and Personal Development Plans for individuals in the Sales team. Contribute to the companywide Talent Management plan to identify and then fast track develop the top 10% of talent in the organisation.
- Manage, monitor and analyse employee relations for the Sales team. Make recommendations in collaboration with full HR team to address root cause issues of ER incidents.
- Case management of Employment tribunals related to the Sales team. Diffusing contentious issues to minimise litigation.
- Steer individuals and the team towards collaboration and away from silos and antagonism.
- Take action to encourage and facilitate collaborative working that builds a 'can-do' culture.
Reward (Pay Benefits and Perks)
- Contribute to the companywide reward review annually - supported by research and benchmarking of packages for all Sales roles.
- Recommend incentives that promote 'right first time'/ initial success rather than trading off treats for fixing problems after they have arisen.
- Maintain performance related pay data. Support Sales Managers to monetise the value of team members.
- Arrange / Design team building activities for Sales.
- Contribute to the development of companywide engagement activities (eg: XMAS and Summer parties) although these will be organised by the Events Manager.
Corporate Social Responsibility
- Provide the conscience of the business by acting as a safeguard for the interests of shareholders and society.
- Arrange community events and manage charitable activity on behalf of the business.
Essential characteristics of the successful candidate:
- Direct experience of supporting sales teams and the overall KRA's as outlined above.
- A can do attitude and positive attitude to change.
- Resilient and able to develop the sales team in adversity!
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
Salary circa £50,000pa
25 days holiday.
- Human Capital
- Human Resources
- Human Resources Business Partner
- HR Business partner