Major Healthcare is a specialist recruitment consultancy, providing quality permanent, contract and temporary staffing solutions to clients from our wide network of UK offices.
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced and passionate Human Resources Manager to work within a specialist school in Oxfordshire. As a Human Resources Manager the main goals and responsibilities are to improve the 'Quality of Life’ of the students and their families by ensuring the Human Resources functions of the school are efficient, effective and in compliance with our legal responsibilities and Ofsted requirements.
- Supporting students with work-related opportunities, such as interview practice and completing application forms.
- Supporting families through contributing to the organisation of whole school events.
- Write adverts and job descriptions for any school vacancies and assist with shortlisting and interviewing of candidates.
- Issue offer letters and associated recruitment documents.
- Monitor probationary periods for support staff and support probationary reviews.
- Oversee the school’s induction programme for all new staff.
- Check the monthly payroll report for accuracy and compliance.
- Maintain the school staffing records ensuring confidentiality and accuracy.
- Provide a professional and confidential service to staff on any employee relations issues in line with school policies and procedures and in conjunction with the SLT.
- Provide HR support at formal HR meetings including writing letters, offering advice and attending meetings.
- Assist with investigations, providing advice and maintaining confidential records.
- Conduct exit interviews as required.
- Write reports for Governors as required on staffing changes, new appointments, resignations and absence.
- Update any school policies relating to HR in line with best practice and statutory requirements.
- Manage all staff training records.
- Comply with GDPR guidelines at all times.
- Ensure the school Absence Policy is followed at all times.
- Issue all staff with an Absence Declaration Form following each period of absence.
- Monitor staff absence, create absence reports and advise of any concerns to SLT.
- Conduct return to work interviews as required.
- Make referrals of staff to Occupational Health Department and put in place any advice or reasonable adjustments as recommended.
- Provide risk assessments to staff i.e. pregnant women and make any reasonable adjustments.
- Attend Staff Wellbeing meetings, offer advice and put in place any changes agreed to support staff wellbeing.
- Liaise with school external departments for advice and support i.e. Occupational Health Department, school solicitors etc.
- Liaise with professional bodies as required.
The Successful Candidate will have:
- CIPD Level 3 Diploma Human Resource Practice
- CIPD Level 5 Diploma Human Resource Management
- Have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to relate well to children, parents and other adults, both face to face and over the telephone
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
Salary for this role is £37,848 - £40,760 depending on experience. You will be contracted to 33 hours per week, Monday-Friday.
- 13 Weeks Annual Leave
- NEST Pension
- Sick pay
Please call Leanne Irving on 0 7 9 4 0 7 4 7 5 0 0 or apply online for more information about this exciting new role.
- Communication Skills
- Human Resources
- Management Skills
- Organisational Skills
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'