Looking for a committed individual to support the HR function. Will be required to help cover the phone services we provide between 8.30am and 17pm.
* To create Human Resource Guidance (HRG) documents to provide a comprehensive range of guidance to managers.
* To keep under review changes in employment law and good practice and update HRGs promptly.
* In accordance with policy review schedule review HRGs to ensure that they continue to support the delivery of the Council's goals.
*To assist in maintaining the Staff Handbook and Local Conditions of Service up to date and in accordance with employment law.
* To provide managers with advice concerning national and local conditions of service and people management techniques.
* To assist and support managers in handling individual cases of discipline, grievance and absence management. At all time ensuring that the relevant procedure is followed, and appropriate meeting notes are accurate and promptly produced.
* To draft reports for consideration by the Regulatory & Appeals committee in cases where appeals are lodged by staff in accordance with the grievance or disciplinary procedure.
* To produce reports as required by management from time to time.
* To assist in gathering information requested through Freedom of Information requests.
* To seek ways of improving efficiency in the HR service.
* To ensure that appropriate information is communicated to colleagues within HR promptly.
You should match the following criteria:
* Sound experience of developing and maintaining human resources policies and guidance.
* Thorough knowledge of legislation and codes of practice relating to discipline, grievance.
* Level 5 Certificate/Diploma in Human Resource Management or equivalent.
* Good all round knowledge of employment law, and current developments.
* Sound knowledge of equality issues in employment
* Ability to understand complex legislation and convert it into practical guidance.
* Rounded and up to date knowledge of good HR practice.
* Ability to deliver HR solutions in a pragmatic and service focused manner.
Please send your most updated CV to Grant Wilson by clicking apply now.
Fusion People are committed to promoting equal opportunities to people regardless of age, gender, religion, belief, race, sexuality or disability. We operate as an employment agency and employment business.
You'll find a wide selection of vacancies on our website.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job