This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fast paced, growing and dynamic business. The purpose of the role is to provide human resource advice and guidance to employees and managers across the organisation on a wide range of human resource topics. Lead HR projects and drive employee engagement & company culture.
- Advise on and interpret HR policies, practices and procedures for managers, supervisors and employees.
- Manage complex employee queries/issues.
- Support ER issues including negotiations.
- Support line managers in the recruitment and selection of permanent employees (completion of employment requisitions and job descriptions etc.).
- Advise managers on the disciplinary and grievance process and attend hearings with the relevant manager if required.
- Lead disciplinary and grievance investigations when required.
- Lead and participate in key HR projects when required.
- Advise on procedures and assist managers in dealing with employees with long term absence, including home visits and return to work interviews.
- Advise employees on maternity/paternity rights and entitlements, work life balance and available options. Liaise and give guidance to managers dealing with flexible working.
- Lead the implementation of updated HR policies.
- Assist with the effective implementation of annual salary and bonus reviews.
- Assist with the identification and implementation of training requirements.
- Carry out exit interviews alongside supervisors/line managers.
- Support special initiatives / projects (e.g. restructuring) across the business.
- Lead initiatives & be responsible for employee engagement.
- Lead the successful implementation of an effective performance management structure.
- In-depth knowledge of employment legislation.
- High level of accuracy, numeracy, attention to detail and PC literacy.
- Strong team player.
- Focus on providing quality customer services through HR Functional Excellence.
- Ability to use own initiative and judgement for timely decision making and works well under pressure.
- Strong persuading and influencing skills and ability to give feedback to all levels of employees/managers.
- Ability to think strategically.
- Good problem solving skills.
- High level of integrity.
- Meeting management.
- Formal presentation skills.
- Good business acumen.
- Experience in at least 80% of the above activities essential.
- Qualified to Diploma or Degree level or relevant equivalent experience.
- Working towards or obtained the CIPD professional accreditation essential.
- Employee Relations
- Employment Legislation
- Employee Engagement
- HR Policies
- Reward Systems
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job