Exceptional opportunity in Portsmouth for an HR Manager to join a truly different and unique organisation.
Your new company
Our client is a company on an exciting journey that will see it organically double in size over the next 5 years. You will join a company that has embarked on a journey that has already delivered success with incremental contract wins. Our client is focused on delivering exceptional service to its clients and customers across the south coast of England. The identity, cultural fit and value alignment will be key to your success, as the company ethos of "integrity built in" defines the entire operations.
Due to continued success and growth, our client are now looking to recruit an experienced HR Manager to join the team.
Reporting in to the Finance Director, the successful HR Manager will ensure that the delivery of HR and Farlington reception services meet the needs of the business units. Daily tasks will include:
- Working with Directors and Business Unit Managers to achieve shared organisational objectives.
- Providing customer focused comprehensive and pragmatic HR advice and support to Line Managers in line within organisational policies, procedures and legal requirements.
- Building strong working relationships with Business Unit Managers and gain a good operational understanding of each contract/support service, use HR knowledge and experience to influence decision making.
- Providing advice and guidance on HR issues and queries from managers and employees.
- Assisting managers with disciplinary and grievance matters, attending hearings and appeals where necessary.
- Ensuring adherence to employment legislation to mitigate the risk of employment tribunal claims.
- Supporting, developing and coaching managers to handle employee relations issues using company procedures and best practice, ideally resolving issues where possible informally.
- Managing any employment tribunal claims liaising as required with appointed legal representative
- Assisting managers on recruitment and selection issues
- Reviewing and updating HR policies to ensure legal compliance.
- Keeping up to date with developments in employment legislation and human resources best practice
- Leading on TUPE for all new contract mobilisations and contract losses.
- Assisting with change management activities and issues including organisational and contract restructures and redundancy.
- Assisting with the development of strategies to engage and retain staff, including benefits.
- Assisting with the development and implementation of the business plan and People Strategy.
The ideal candidate
As the ideal HR Manager, you will require the following skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level
- CIPD qualified
- HR experience, experience of TUPE would be an advantage
- Previous line management experience
If you feel you have the skills and experience to excel in the role of HR Manager, our client want to hear from you. Please click APPLY below to register your interest!The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.
- Human Resources