A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an HR Manager.
Your new company
A large manufacturing organisation based in Sunderland.
Your new role
Our client is looking for an HR Manager to join their organisation. Duties will include partnering with Directors and Managers, the HR Manager is responsible for leading the company's development and implementation of a comprehensive performance and development management system. The successful candidate will ensure adherence to UK employment law and deliver further HR projects onsite, in addition to providing comprehensive advice on Employee Engagement, and Employee Relations matters. The HR Manager supervises the Senior HR Officer, and H&S team, who will provide support on a wide range of HR/H&S issues across the business.
The main objectives of the role are as follows:
- Oversees the implementation of Human Resources programs.
- Oversees and manages the work of reporting Human Resources staff. Encourages the ongoing development of the Human Resources staff.
- Supervises external bodies including HR consultants, lawyers, and training specialists, and coordinates company use of insurance brokers, insurance carriers, pension administrators, and other outside sources.
- Conducts a continuing study of all Human Resources policies, programs, and practices to keep management informed of new developments.
- Leads the development of department goals, objectives, and systems. Provides leadership for Human Resources strategic planning.
- Reviews / establishes HR departmental measurements that support the accomplishment of the company's strategic goals
- Manages the preparation and maintenance of such reports that are necessary to carry out the functions of the department. Prepares periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested, to track strategic goal accomplishment.
- Develops and administers programs, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the company.
- Participates in executive, management, and company staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Managing all aspects of the Health and Safety function at FEL.
- Proactively collaborating on Health and Safety projects.
- Review and audit arrangements for Health & Safety management, while continuously improving these arrangements where appropriate.
- Ensure robust reporting regimes are in place for Health and Safety statistics.
- Provide management with information and statistics related to your area of responsibility.
- Liaise with the HSE as required, and all other external bodies in relation to matters of Health, Safety or the Environment.
- Drive behavioural culture change programmes, across a multi-shift operation.
What you'll need to succeed
Previous experience working as an HR Manager is essential for this role. You must be Chartered / Fellowship member of the CIPD The client is ideally looking for someone who has a background in manufacturing or similar. Ideally hold a qualification in IOSH (Graduate or Chartered level) and a NEBOSH General certificate would also be good.
What you'll get in return
A fantastic role for a great company. £45k salary and car allowance.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.