Reporting to the Head of HR/Site General Manager, our client requires a new HR Manager to represent the organisation as an HR & Training Specialist with responsibility for supporting the Management Team in providing a full and comprehensive Human Resources Service that supports the Business Strategy and includes responsibility for site advice on health safety and environmental issues. It is important that both the Commercial and People needs are considered and the Company is kept in compliance with all current employment legislation.
NB This role is available on a reduced hours basis covering 5 days of the week. The site will also be moving to Rhymney ,Gwent in November 2018.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- To develop all employees to reach their full potential in line with business needs and with reference to their Performance Reviews.
- To ensure policies and procedures are in place, reviewed and updated for legal compliance and best practice human resource management.
- Empower and support managers in managing their people and teams effectively thereby supporting the company values.
- Recruitment of employees using robust, fair and unequivocal recruitment and selection procedures in order to attract and appoint the best possible candidates.
- Delivering and improving Company Induction Procedures and Training Programmes and rolling out improvement solutions that add real value to the business.
- The management of key performance indicators and reporting on any areas of concern to the Management Team; providing solutions to support the improvement of such indicators.
- Identifying possible new indices that indicate the "health" of the company and which demonstrate real benefits. Driving through any business changes and supporting employees in the process.
- The retention of key staff is important and a suitable vehicle to develop employees with Personal Development Plans (PDP’s) including the implementation and support for the Group Performance Review System .
- Issuing Contracts of Employment and variations to those contracts as appropriate
- Ensuring the Staff Handbook is up to date, legally compliant and available to employees.
- To manage the companies Health Safety and Environment standards.
- To liaise with internal and external stakeholders as required.
- Provide support, guidance and training to staff as requiredincluding preparation of an annual Training Plan. Represent the office individually or as part of a team in meetings concerning HR and EHS issues when required.
- Negotiate and advise on staff disciplinary and grievance issues and give independent opinion to both managers and employees as necessary.
- Implement and oversee the use of the Group wide HR software system, (Workday) including the training of staff and managers as appropriate
- Supporting the overall compliance programme Including Risk Registers
- Perform other duties as required.
- Working knowledge of UK Employment Law and Practice
- Meticulous, detailed, well-organised and able to work independently to meet deadlines
- Ability to adapt to different client needs and to develop and maintain successful working relationships.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and HR software eg Workday
- IT literate with good knowledge Excel, Word, powerpoint , HRM software, Workday an advantage
- Demonstrable ability to operate at a senior company and Group level.
- Worked in a highly regulated industry
- A good understanding of Quality Standards.
- At least 3 year’s experience of managing an HR function.
- Previous experience of Senior Management Team membership
·Attitude embracing company vision and values.
·Analytical thinking and problem solving.
- Excellent written/verbal communications skills.
- Empathy, tact and diplomacy.
- Personal and business integrity.
·Team player. Ability to teach and train others.
- Negotiation skills and decision making.
- Confident and mature approach.
- Self Motivation/ achievement drive.
- Works well under pressure with demanding targets and deadlines.
- Conscientious and trustworthy.
·Occasional travel, sometimes outside of the UK
Education / Qualifications
A professional HR qualification eg HRM degree - qualified Member of CIPD to chartered level (level 7).
HSE qualification and/or at least 5 years experience in managing HSE